FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback problems Xena2k Prem CS3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bram Tulloch
Playback problems Xena2k Prem CS3
on Aug 29, 2008 at 6:24:02 am

Hey there,

Currently testing an AJA Xena2Ke set up for possible use in our company.

Encountering some very strange things and hoping someone here has experienced before and can help.

I've looked at other posts and there are some similar issues but nothing that exactly matches what is happening with us.

Set up:
winXPPro SP2
HP xw8600
nVidia Quadro 4600 (with aja recommended performance driver)
Ciprico 5108 array (1.9TB)
qt version 7.4.5
Tried with Xena software versions 3.1.1 and 3.5

hope that's enough info! Can provide more if needed.

Problem I'm having is this:

Capturing both SD and HD through SDI. Used AVI, Quicktime and DPX sequences.

Capturing is no problem, even for long sequences (although when capturing a long sequence it does seem to take an awful long time to add the newly captured clip to the bin).
But when I try to play out to tape, I just get a still frame of the first frame of the captured sequence and that's it. If I've captured 2 minutes, then only 2 minutes of this one frame is laid out to tape.

Once this is done, I can no longer play anything in Premiere CS3. I can scrub through no problem, but when I hit spacebar... nothing.

If I import the same file (qt or avi) or DPX sequence into Machina, again I can scrub, but not play the footage.

I restart the machine, open the project... everything plays fine. Try to Export to tape again... same problem occurs.

If I open a captured quicktime in quicktime player.. all works fine.

We've tried the recommended slot config as shown on the site as well as trying the Xena in slot 4 with the same results.

The slots have been configured at 8x as recommended as well as us trying the Xena in slot for at 16x (overkill but we were clutching at straws!)

I can't think of anything else to try!

Please help!

Thanks!
Bram

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
Re: Playback problems Xena2k Prem CS3
on Aug 30, 2008 at 12:54:48 am

Brian,

Rather than posting here. go straight to AJA support. Call do not email. Hurry you may catch them before the weekend starts.

Ramona

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]