FORUMS: list search recent posts

(AJA XENA, AVID Liquid, BOB): Problem with sound and external audiometer.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katja Boysen
(AJA XENA, AVID Liquid, BOB): Problem with sound and external audiometer.
on Mar 27, 2008 at 1:38:41 pm

Ok, this is driving me to distration.

I'm using an AVID Liquid 7.2 with an AJA XENA board (LHe if I recall correctly and without having the papers readily at my disposal) and a BOB connected and have run into a problem I can't find an explanation to.

In order to properly monitor the output sound, the BOB is connecgted to a DK Audiometer (MSD 100, connected to the digital XLR out on the BOB) and it's constantly showing the testtone (and everything else for that matter) as being 8,9 db over the calibration mark (test/0Db). Doesn't help if I attach the MSD 100 to the analogue output either.

Now, this can, admittedly, be fixed by setting the output on the AVID that much lower in the audiotool, however this means that when I export a project for use on the web (happens frequently), the sound is that much too low compared to other peoples online sound, making my commercials etc. sound rather...timid.

Any help?

Another problem is the stereo phasing.
According to my phase scale on the MSD 100, the sound leaving the BOB is partially in counterphase/wrong phase leaving me with a VERY narrow stereopicture.
How can this be when the signal is taken directly from the BOB?

And no, we don't use a mixer.

I begging here....

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: (AJA XENA, AVID Liquid, BOB): Problem with sound and external audiometer.
on Mar 31, 2008 at 11:33:31 pm

Hi Katja,

Do you see the same audio problems when you use any of the AJA supplied applications or plugins? Or do you only see this issue when using Liquid?

AJA XENA Support

Return to posts index

Katja Boysen
Re: (AJA XENA, AVID Liquid, BOB): Problem with sound and external audiometer.
on Apr 15, 2008 at 11:35:06 am

Sorry about the delay in answering. We were scheduled for a major upgrade on drivers etc. and I was kind of hoping that THAT would solve the problem. It didn't.

I ran the internal generated tone on the Machina software (which I hope were the one you meant) and it came out 6 db over the test tone mark on the audio meter. And that was with the +6 db output option off.

I also generated a signal tone in Liquid, which were monitored at a whooping 15,2 db over test.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]