FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with speed-up / slo-mo of aja-footage (PPro, Vista 64bit)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Normann Petkau
Problems with speed-up / slo-mo of aja-footage (PPro, Vista 64bit)
on Mar 14, 2008 at 12:39:12 pm

Hello,
I have some Problems using our XENA LH with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 / 2.0 on Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.
After getting the card to playback non-aja material (using 32bit color space preview, otherwise premiere won't even move the time-slider after pressing play) it seems that there is a general problem with speed changing of aja-encoded footage:

- CS3: Speed changes play back quite good without rendering, every time the play back stops, the Desktop image is turned upside down. When I press play it flips back to normal again.
- 2.0: Same set-up, but different result: If I have aja-captured footage and change it's speed, the desktop image does not flip upside down, what is great. But unfortunately the play back is so bad, that I only get about 1 frame/sec. Rendering every time when I want to see a preview of my speed change is no good work flow.

I even tried 8bit color space preview (in the aja settings), but the result was the same.
Does anyone has an idea how to resolve this speed change problem with aja-footage?

Kind regards,
Normann

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: Problems with speed-up / slo-mo of aja-footage (PPro, Vista 64bit)
on Mar 18, 2008 at 4:19:52 pm

Norman,

What type of file is it you are trying to play back in CS3?

Also, Im not sure I understand the problem with AJA captured footage in CS3. Are you saying that when you capture AJA footage in CS3 that it will not play back in the timeline of an AJA project? If so, exactly what file type and color subtype are you using when you capture? Also what resolution?

Are the CS3 and CS2 being used on the same system?

Are you using the latest version of the AJA drivers?

AJA XENA Suppport

Return to posts index

Normann Petkau
Re: Problems with speed-up / slo-mo of aja-footage (PPro, Vista 64bit)
on Jan 29, 2009 at 7:56:54 pm

Hi,

I know, it's been a while, but to conclude this entry:

After release of Xena drivers 3.5 & after changing the Xena LH into a different workstation (Dell Precision 690 - good product) speeded dow/up SD material plays fine now without rendering (on the desktop preview).
I think the problem was a mixture of early Xena 64bit drivers, RAM problems and driver problem for 64bit in general. After all Microsoft updates helped also.

Anyhow, thx AJA support for answering;)

Normann

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]