FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE problems with Xena LS PLEASE HELP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reggie Spires
AE problems with Xena LS PLEASE HELP
on Feb 23, 2008 at 4:23:52 pm

I have done a complete new install of Windows 64 with a fresh install of AE and the AJA drivers

I have a xena LS card just working in standard def.

When I play a file with the standalone Machina software everything is fine.

I go into AE and create a test project using that same clip I just used, put it in comp with nothing else and I can't get it to render real time. If I uncheck the playback in the AJA preview window everything is real time.

I have made sure all settings are identical from the AJA side with the AE side. Open GL is off. Video Previews are set to computer monitor only. The ram settings are the default settings.

Machine is
AMD 6000 Dual / Abit AN52 board
4 Gigs of Ram
Windows 64
AE CS3
Video Card Geforce 7300
AJA xena LS card

I read the other thread concerning this but wanted to start a new thread to hopefully get some help.

I am posting here because it seems to be a AE issue though it is obviously with the Xena card. Please forgive the double post in the xena board as well.

Yes I have contacted AJA support and they had no solutions for me.

Reggie Spires
Magic City Group
Magic City Productions
Magic City Advertising

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
Re: AE problems with Xena LS PLEASE HELP
on Feb 26, 2008 at 7:36:32 pm

Try this for me.
Open AE go to the windows pulldown and select AJA Playback. This will open up the AJA playback module. Open your clip in here and see if it plays. Let me know if it does.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Feb 26, 2008 at 7:36:44 pm

Try this for me.
Open AE go to the windows pulldown and select AJA Playback. This will open up the AJA playback module. Open your clip in here and see if it plays. Let me know if it does.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Reggie Spires
on Feb 26, 2008 at 9:38:46 pm

Yes it does ... it works perfectly everywhere except for the ram preview

Reggie Spires
Magic City Group
Magic City Productions
Magic City Advertising

Return to posts index

Reggie Spires
Kevin Kevin... I am awaiting your suggestion Please
on Feb 27, 2008 at 2:31:22 pm

I am grasping at any ray of hope

Reggie Spires
Magic City Group
Magic City Productions
Magic City Advertising

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Feb 27, 2008 at 2:33:24 pm

Ok now I want you to do a few simple tests.
1. Start a new project with a new NTSC or PAL Full D1 about 5 seconds long.
2. Create a New colored Solid. Somthing other than black.
3. Scale it so that is about 15% the size of the screen and put it on the left.
4. Animate it crossing the screen to the right in about 2 second.
5. Open the AJA Preview panel and check these settings.

Primary format matches your comp exactly.
and the Auto resize function is unchecked.

It should playback. If it does not let me know wether you are in PAL or NTSC and a way to send you a file for testing.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Reggie Spires
on Feb 27, 2008 at 2:59:26 pm

It does not play the ram preview real time .. I am NTSC

Email: rwspires@bellsouth.net

Reggie Spires
Magic City Group
Magic City Productions
Magic City Advertising

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
on Feb 28, 2008 at 5:48:04 pm

Reggie,

Have you already implemented all the instructions for AE RAM Preview from the XENA FAQ on the support webiste?

If not, this is the FAQ excerpt:

Q: I am using After Effects for compositing and sometimes my preview is not in real time—why is this?
A: RAM Preview should be very close to real-time for HD in After Effects 7. Please ensure you have the following settings for proper RT RAM preview.

1. Make sure that the “Primary Format” of the AJA Preview Panel in AE7 matches the resolution and frame rate of your After Effects Composition.

2. Also, RT RAM Preview is only possible with 8-bit AE Projects and with the “8-bit RGBA 4:4:4:4” setting for the “Output 8-bit As:” found in the AJA Preview Panel Color Options. Other color spaces and AE Project depths require a software transformation of the video data before being displayed—thus slowing down preview.

3. Next, please ensure that the “Resolution” setting for “Time Controls” is set to “Full”. If not set to “Full”,the image that the AJA Preview Panel receives and sends to the XENA board during RAM Preview will not be sent at “Full Resolution” and thus will either be software resized to Full Resolution before sending to the XENA Board for display, or will be center cropped before sending. The latter choice is controlled by the checkbox in the AJA Preview Panel labeled “Auto Resize Image” under the “Primary Format” Setting.

4. If RAM Preview is still not real-time, you can try some of the following – setting your Zoom to “100%” in your AE Composition, making sure the “Frame Rate” of the AE Time Controls” matches the frame rate of the “Primary Format” in the AJA Preview Panel, and muting audio in the AE Time Controls.

Note: in some cases the available bandwidth of the motherboard limits the cards ability to output full frame rate 1080i 29.97 RGBA.

AJA XENA Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]