FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluefish444 in a Xena World

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamski
Bluefish444 in a Xena World
on Jan 4, 2008 at 9:25:25 pm

We are adding another CS2 workstation here, and to cut some costs, we plan on using an old Bluefish444 SD|Envy card, mostly so we can view our work on a TV monitor.

At our facility, we have 4 working Xena LS/LH systems (2 LS, 2 LH). These editors are our workhorse machines.

I realize that adding this Bluefish444 SD|Ency workstation into the mix, we won't be 100% compatible with our other Xeha LS/HS workstations, but can you give any thoughts or suggestions on how to better incorporate the SD|Envy card in our work environment?

Mostly, this workstation will be an animation station, and no "real" Premiere projects would be created on it (perhaps only rough cuts). It'll mostly be used to After Effects and Maya. It's installed on a BOXX Workstation, dual 3.2 Xeon GHz processors with 3 GB RAM, which is comparable to our other Xena workstations.

I've tested things out, and it appears that the SD|Envy will playback Quicktime files captured from our Xena stations, and the Xena LH card will playback video captured with the SD|Envy, but the actual Premiere projects don't seem to open up in anything but "desktop" mode. I can import into a new native job to remedy the incompatibility, but aside from this aspect, will I expect any other unforeseen snafus?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]