FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wattage of a Xena Lse card?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Thurston
Wattage of a Xena Lse card?
on Dec 24, 2007 at 10:29:38 pm

Hi, while selecting parts for a computer for an Lse card, I realized I need to first figure out what power supply I should get (how many watts I need). I added the wattage of most of the items I would install, but could not find how many Watts an Lse card uses. Would anybody here know?

Here

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Wattage of a Xena Lse card?
on Dec 31, 2007 at 7:54:21 pm

easy answer -
purchase a HP xw8400, and you are done. This works wonderfully with the Xena LSe and Adobe Production Suite.

Why would anyone put 7 SATA drives inside any PC chassis. You are just begging for thermal overload. There are so many external chassis on the market that will work just fine (just like everyone does).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
on Dec 31, 2007 at 11:22:49 pm

Bob,

I think your drinking way too much eggnog. We have been putting 12 and 24 SATA drives in chassis for many years. If the chassis is designed to accommodate them you won't have any issues with normal operation (in otherwords it won't work outside in the heat if they are not designed to do this).

I always recommend going thru a company that does this for a living as something with this kind of juice does take a fair amount of engineering to get right. Not saying that the do-it-yourselfer can't do it, but how long and how well will it hold up :)

External units are good but don't always solve the problem. Wait till you get a look at our new Bravo units which may change your mind about the external unit :)

Cheers and Happy New year (lay of the champagne)

Ramona

Return to posts index

Paul Thurston
on Jan 1, 2008 at 9:05:12 pm

Hi Bob:
After reading the HP xw8400's QuickSpecs PDF it was clear the best memory performance was attained with 4 DIMM configurations using sockets #1,3,5, and 7. (QuickSpec page 19)

How is this so?

Does the Tyan Tempest i5000XT (S2696WA2NRF) also benefit from 4 DIMM configurations on sockets #1,3,5, and 7?

Regards,
Paul

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 31, 2007 at 8:04:56 pm

you need an 800 Watt power supply for your PC.

Bob Zelin
http://www.pcloft.com/408946.html

Return to posts index

Paul Thurston
thanks for the power supply suggestion?
on Jan 1, 2008 at 9:07:39 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the power supply suggestion.

Regards,
Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Thurston