FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja lhe and pny quadro fx 570 driver conflict

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pekin
aja lhe and pny quadro fx 570 driver conflict
on Oct 30, 2007 at 11:31:55 am

sys. info : intel s5000xvn workstation motherboard, 2 GB ram, XP PRO SP2 Eng.

Hi, i bought a fx 570 card and replaced it with my fx 540. The system booted just fine... but, when i installed the driver that came with the card the screen went black. So i shut it off via the power button...Later i rebooted the system...All is fine untill i see the windows logo with bar (right before windows os says "welcome")...then the screen gows blue with a "hardware malfunction" error... Ok... i have one extra card in the workstation.. An AJA Xena LHe (pci-e) board... if i remove this Aja board all is well, i can use the fx 570...but, without the aja i no longer have HD in/out..... if i put my aja card back and re-install the fx 540...My system works just fine... why would fx 570 work on it's own, but, not work with another pci-e card installed? How can we solve this problem? i think it's a driver issue..

this e-mail will be sent to pny, aja, intel and tet ltd. (supplier of pny in Turkey istanbul)

Regards,

pekin AZER
http://www.cinemasyon.com

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: aja lhe and pny quadro fx 570 driver conflict
on Oct 30, 2007 at 1:02:30 pm

The fx570 isn't an officially supported card for the Xena series anyway. The minimum supported spec is a 1500 series or better. This doesn't answer your immediate question, but you won't have access to some of the Xena's features in Machina without the 1500 or better.

Return to posts index

pekin
on Oct 30, 2007 at 4:18:16 pm

Hi, thanx for the reply...

i am using the fx 540 and all machina functions seem to work..

i will try to change the fx 570 with 1500... Fx 570 is a newer model with 256 mb ram.... i hope changing the fx 570 with 1500 will solve my problem.

Pekin

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Nov 1, 2007 at 2:43:43 pm

Did you try the latest driver from nVidia? Chances are the one that came with the card isn't the current one.

Return to posts index

pekin
on Nov 1, 2007 at 2:52:48 pm

yes i did... any driver installed and the system is down... Why would a driver do such a thing?

Pekin

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Nov 1, 2007 at 3:09:21 pm

I'm not sure what "any driver installed and the system is down" means.

Do you have any other PCI cards? The block diagram for that motherboard shows all PCI cards sharing the same bus with the network controller chip, except the x16 PCIe slot. You might have some conflict with another PCI card and the Xena.

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Nov 1, 2007 at 3:10:28 pm

Do you have the Xena installed on the x1 or the x4 slot? Have you tried both slots?

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Nov 1, 2007 at 3:11:54 pm

Bah, can't edit...

Have you tried the Xena in both the x1 and the x4 PCIe slots?

Return to posts index

pekin
on Nov 1, 2007 at 3:53:02 pm

Hi, i have tried all pci-e slots. i have 2 cards installed on the system. the GPU and Aja. There are no other cards installed...

What i meant was, when i install the driver of fx 570, then the system crashes... if i don not install the driver, it doesn't crash.

thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Nov 2, 2007 at 12:42:50 pm

[pekin] "when i install the driver of fx 570, then the system crashes... if i don not install the driver, it doesn't crash. "

Yet, you can take the Xena out of the machine and install the driver for the FX 570 and the system won't crash?

You've got the FX 570 in the PCIe x16 slot right?

Return to posts index

pekin
on Nov 2, 2007 at 2:25:04 pm

---Yet, you can take the Xena out of the machine and install the driver for the FX 570 and the system won't crash? ----

yes, if there is no xena the fx 570 will work with it's own drivers installed..

You've got the FX 570 in the PCIe x16 slot right? YES...

i even asked the pny provider here to exchange it with fx 1500 but, they didn't accept..

PLEASE Someone help!!!

Return to posts index

Daniel Levy
on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:03:29 am

I also have an Quadro FX 570 in my system and have been having Xena problems. Did you switch yours out for another video card, and did that solve your problems?

Tanks!

Daniel

Return to posts index

pekin azer
on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:56:53 am

Yes no thanks to aja`s support i solved the issue myself... i am using a fx4400 at the moment...

Regards.

Return to posts index

Daniel Levy
on Sep 1, 2009 at 9:13:09 am

I just picked up a used fx4400 on E-bay. Curious, what nvidia driver are you using for the card? Are you running Premiere Pro CS3 or CS4?

Thanks!

Daniel

Return to posts index

pekin azer
on Sep 1, 2009 at 2:53:56 pm

Hi, i am using it with combustion only...

P.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]