AJA Xena - Blackmagic inferior incompatibility

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaromir Pesr
AJA Xena - Blackmagic inferior incompatibility
on Oct 15, 2007 at 6:52:39 pm

(Modified, posted to BM board as well)
Hello,
we have several well running Decklink (most of all HD 4:4:4) workstations in our studio but now we were forced to build one with AJA Xena 2k PCI-X card (because of direct to DPX capture feature). I was not happy about this need but I have to say that this card is running as good as all of BM does.
BUT:
Because we need some backward (and forward) compatibility to share BM projects (in and out) we are running as well I tried to install Blackmagic software Codecs (v 4.9 seems to be the latest one) to be able to open or render BM files within AE or Premiere (forgot to say we are on PCs and running CS3 with AJA board, 3.0.1 drivers). But now it seems that BM codecs kick AJA drivers some way... After installing everything seems to run great. I was able to open HD and SD BM footage in AJA Premiere project through AJA output and play it reel time, but after reboot there was just greenish drop-outs on AJA output instead of picture and it was not depending what type of footage is on Premiere timeline (AJA clip, BM clip, DV clip or even seq. of frames) After Effects AJA output seems to be unaffected. When I unistalled BM codecs everything rolled back to normal.
Any thought?
Thanks in advance
Jaromir Pesr
i/o post
Prague

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
Re: AJA Xena - Blackmagic inferior incompatibility
on Oct 15, 2007 at 8:17:49 pm

I wonder if it would work if you did a re-install (or did a "repair") of the AJA codecs after installing the BM codecs?

I'm interested, as I have some older material done using a DeckLink system.

-jeff

Return to posts index

Jaromir Pesr
on Oct 15, 2007 at 10:37:05 pm

I am not absolutely sure (I've made several install/unistall cycle when trying to bring new AJA system to birth) but I think I have installed BM codecs prior to AJA drivrers ones and it was even worse then install BM after. But I could try it with "repairing"...
Jaromir

Return to posts index

Jaromir Pesr
on Oct 18, 2007 at 11:22:25 pm

Unfortunately, I have got following reply from AJA support:
Typically the codecs do not coexist in the same OS
at all. They will try to access the same resources within Windows.

Jaromir
i/o post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]