FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xena LH playback problem...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Martin
Xena LH playback problem...
on Oct 11, 2007 at 10:24:34 pm

Hi guys,

Ive being trying to sort out my Xena LH card for a few days now and am still having some issues. I have been on the phone with Tech Support and they have been very helpful and was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue im having.

First of all when playing HDV in an AJA preset with Premiere CS3 the playback stop/start was lagging. For example the first time I press space to stop it would stop nearly immediately. Second time about a second lag, then it got gradually worse to 2-3sec, 3-4secs etc.

Secondly, I have a HD LCD TV connected through the Component Out BNC connectors on the Breakout cable that came with the card. The TV doesn't receive a signal from either Premiere or within Machina itself.

I spent a decent amount of time on the phone to Tech Support and they have sent me out a replacement Xena LH card, sighting that the card may have been defective.

The replacement card has fixed the lag in the stop/starting area but I am still not getting any playback through the TV with the component out. The component cables are brand new and work fine. The connection on the tv works fine.

Has anyone else had an issue getting playback through an external monitor/tv with their Xena LH card? If so, how did you go about fixing it?

My Specs are:

Tyan Tempest S2696
Dual Dual-Core Intel Xeons 5150 @ 2.66
4 GB RAM (4x1GB)
1TB Internal RAID 0 (4x250gb)
Nvidia Quadro 1500FX with Dual 24inch HD Samsung monitors attached
M-Audio 1010 Delta LT
Adobe Production Premium CS3
All Drivers are up-to-date and Updated to the latest AJA drivers too.

Regards,

Luke Martin
Smooth Motion Films
http://www.smoothmotionfilms.com

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: Xena LH playback problem...
on Oct 12, 2007 at 4:31:05 pm

I haven't had any problems with component output or D->A or A->D with my Xena LH. Can you output SD to a composite in on the monitor? Do you have a way of testing the SDI out to see if you get a signal?

Grab a screenshot of your Machina setup tab, I'd like to see how you have everything set up.

Return to posts index

Luke Martin
on Oct 12, 2007 at 5:49:08 pm

Hi szumlins,

Unfortunately I dont have a way of testing the SDI out at this point in time.

Please find below the link to the screen captures of the settings in both Machina and Premiere CS3

I have tested an SD project with the SD AJA preset in Premiere and also a Full HD 1920x1080 AVI in Machina. Obviously I have changed the playback settings to corelate with the clips that I was trying to playback.

My connections are as such - Xena LH -> Breakout Cable Component BNCs -> BNC to Component Adapters -> 25ft Component Cable -> Component IN on HD LCD TV.

The cable and TV are brand new and work fine.

And forgive me, but what is D-->A or A-->D that your referring too?

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/lukaswmartin/?action=view¤t=...

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/lukaswmartin/?action=view¤t=...

Regards,

Luke

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Oct 12, 2007 at 5:58:18 pm

D->A, A->D was using my Xena LH to convert on passthrough an Analog source to SDI or an SDI source to analog. It works well for this.

I'll be honest, everything looks to be set up properly in your projects settings and in Machina.

Were you able to test composite out? Do you have a KLBox or are you just using the pigtail?

Return to posts index

Luke Martin
on Oct 12, 2007 at 6:12:46 pm

Ah, yep I know what your talking about now.

No, im just using the breakout cable (aka pigtail). We're looking at getting the KLBox, but seeing we haven't had the need to use the Xena yet (all HDV Premiere and Full HD After Effects projects so far) we might need to put it on hold for a moment.

Thanks for your help though mate its been much appreciated, lets hope AJA Tech Sup can delve a bit more into my problem and get me sorted :-)

Ill post the solution on here once its found.

Regards,

Luke

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Oct 20, 2007 at 4:53:47 pm

I have an HDTV that I used to use as a monitor connected to the Xena card to monitor my HDV timeline through the Xena's component outputs. The HDTV has two sets of component inputs, one labelled YPbPr and the other labelled YCbCr. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain the difference between the two.

If I remember right, one set of connections worked and the other didn't. It has been a while. I quit using my Xena card to monitor my HDV, DV and uncompressed SD timelines, because the presets were too laggy and slow compared to the Adobe ones (they really need an Aja Dissolve Transition). I use the new CS3 feature to monitor the timeline through a second DVI monitor. Now if I had to output uncompressed HD, then I'd have no choice to use the Xena...

Return to posts index

Ray Asturias
on Dec 1, 2007 at 12:09:03 am

Newby here on AJA XENA LHe and CS3. Has anybody found out the cure? I have the same problem with the component output to my 32" LCD monitor. Is there a setting in CS3 to output to a monitor? If so where is it? Thanks all for your help!

Return to posts index

Luke Martin
on Dec 1, 2007 at 3:55:30 am

Ok I have just had the problem fixed!!! After doing EVERYTHING under the sun to fix it all it came down to was a faulty breakout cable. Be sure to test the cable thoroughly though. I'd definately recommend calling AJA support and spending some time running through all of the things they recommend. Also try reinstalling etc all the usual things. The .Net updates were also a big thing that they made sure i checked. So make sure you have everything updated, all other drivers etc too.

Good Luck with it mate!

Luke

Return to posts index

Ray Asturias
on Dec 11, 2007 at 5:13:12 pm

Hi Luke,

AJA sent a second card to try out with the same results, the next step I suess would be to exchange the breakout cable. We have downloaded the latest "plugins" but still have the same issues. We'll see what happens, thanks for your input!

Return to posts index

Luke Martin
on Dec 11, 2007 at 9:36:12 pm

Yeah they'll probably ask you to reinstall everything including the OS just incase. They even sent me a hard drive with a fresh install of XP with SP2 and all .net updates as well as all the mobo drivers etc etc that we needed. The customer service has been great with them, pitty all the fiddling around trying to get it to work with uninstalls and reinstalls and then it was just a cable. Good luck with it Ray!

Regards,

Luke

Return to posts index

Ray Asturias
on Dec 13, 2007 at 4:43:30 pm

Hi Luke,

AJA shipped us a new breakout cable and that seemed to cure the RGB output from "Machina". The next step is to get output to the monitor through CS3, I'm sure it is just in the settings....my project for today! Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]