FORUMS: list search recent posts

License Error Message, please help

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaromir Pesr
License Error Message, please help
on Aug 21, 2007 at 1:29:15 pm

Hi,
We have just bought AJA XENA 2K PCI-X card to our studio and after installation we found out that when going to capture "This Xena Board is not licensed" error message appears. I tried to install/uninstall both (supplied) 2.0 and latest 3.0 drivers several times with the same result. I even noticed that Machina Option tab allways says Xena license "none" and C:Program FilesAJAWindowsLicense folder is empty. I was not able to google single line about this issue, same result searching AJA FAQ and documentation. No answer from AJA support. What is wrong? I am desperate. We didn't steel it anywhere, it is brand new from B&H. It is already registered. Why is piece of hardware licensed at all? I have never seen this before. Does anybody have a clue? Please help...
Thank you in advance
Jaromir Pesr
i/o post
Prague

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
Re: License Error Message, please help
on Aug 21, 2007 at 2:28:43 pm

FWIW Jaromir, I don't remember ever having to "license" my Xena card.

Aja is good at viewing these boards, but you might want to shoot them an email to xenasupport@aja.com

Return to posts index

Jaromir Pesr
on Aug 21, 2007 at 4:06:19 pm

I've just received an e-mail from AJA support telling that my card has probably some kind of licensing error (who knows what it could be) and has to be replaced. So I hope this mystery is solved. By the way, what files do you have in AJA/license folder? Mine is empty.
Regards
Jaromir Pesr
i/o post
Prague

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Aug 21, 2007 at 10:44:59 pm

It should be empty. Odds are your board somehow got flashed with an incorrect serial number and that is why they are replacing it.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]