FORUMS: list search recent posts

Struggling to get D1 Widescreen....

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mack
Struggling to get D1 Widescreen....
on Jul 19, 2007 at 7:19:15 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to get Xena to display D1 Pal Widescreen via an HDP converter onto an LCD monitor. The converter says it can do hardware scaling and the Xena Docs say that it (LHe) can do widescreen but I'm having no luck - I can't see any preset that allows for it and haven't had any luck so far - Can anyone offer any help?

Return to posts index

Beckt Media
Re: Struggling to get D1 Widescreen....
on Jul 19, 2007 at 11:01:24 pm

I'm in a similar situation today.

Can the AJA card edit in 486 widescreen? I have been given a 486 widescreen file and when setting up a project there's no 1.2 pixel selection for SD486. It will display thru the card correctly but will never adjust on the desktop/sequence.

Anyone use 486 widescreen and have some tips/insight?

Return to posts index

hkingy
on Jul 24, 2007 at 6:15:26 am

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem. I had asked a similar question in a post just down the list a bit titled "New Xena user questions". I list a few other problems we were having but they have been resolved. The only issue left is the lack of a 720x486 1.2 pixel aspect preset in Premiere CS2 and CS3.

I won't restate everything I said in my other post but I will say that in our engineer's last call to AJA, they said they'd have that preset for us in a week. So we'll give them a week but by Friday if there is no solution, we will be replacing it with a Decklink card... which has performed superbly on our other PC.

By the way, I CAN do the 720x486 widescreen setting in After Effects CS3 and it will output through the Xena card perfectly including audio. Also, I can import/export a 486 widescreen Photoshop image through the card as well. I am quite satisfied with the AJA functionality in these 2 programs. I'll keep you posted on what we find out at the end of the week.

Harlan

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
on Jul 24, 2007 at 7:12:11 pm

Harlan and Beckt,

Please email your phone numbers and email addresses to xenasupport@aja.com so that we can contact you about this.

AJA XENA Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]