FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 Users?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamski
CS3 Users?
on Jul 16, 2007 at 2:24:44 pm

Have any Xena LH or LS users out there taken the leap to CS3 yet? If so, how was the transition?

I'm running a BOXX Workstation with CS2 versions of all my apps and the Xena 2.6 drivers. Things work [relatively] well for me, and I was just wondering if my upgrade path would be smooth or rocky, should I decide to upgrade.

We have 4 Xena workstations (2 LH and 2 LS), and we'd probably upgrade sooner or later, but perhaps I should see how things are before we take this journey.

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
Re: CS3 Users?
on Jul 16, 2007 at 4:18:15 pm

As soon as I finish my current project, I will upgrade to CS3 :)

Return to posts index

videoworx
on Jul 16, 2007 at 6:20:57 pm

I wanted to upgrade last week, but then I started a new edit. The next day(!), AJA released the drivers for CS3.

I may upgrade tomorrow (I need to import a bunch of non-AJA quicktimes into Premiere - and the 2.6 drivers won't recognize them), otherwise, I won't get to it for another 2 weeks.

Return to posts index

jamski
on Jul 17, 2007 at 12:21:18 pm

What's the upgrade procedure? Install the new 3.0 drivers then CS3? Does it matter? Does CS2 need uninstalled prior to the installation of CS3, or will CS3 simply install "over" CS2?

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Jul 17, 2007 at 12:54:38 pm

From what I can tell from the Adobe forums, you can have both 2.0 and CS3 installed on the same machine.

I am running the new Xena drivers on 2.0 without any problems. Personally, I'd uninstall 2.x, install CS3 along with 2.0, then install 3.0, but it may not matter what order...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]