*NEW* XENA 3.0 software available now
Available today at the Support section of our website is new version 3.0 software for the XENA lineup. This is a very important release, that adds Adobe CS3 support, Windows Vista support, and AJA plug-in support for the XENA HS in Premiere Pro!
*New Features Include*
- Support added for Windows Vista (32-Bit)
- New support for Adobe Production Premium CS3. Legacy support for Premiere Pro 2.0, After Effects 7.0, and Photoshop CS2 still remains.
- XENA HS is now supported by AJA XENA Plugins in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Photoshop, Eyeon Fusion, and Autodesk Combustion. Note: In Adobe Premiere Pro, users must use Adobe's Serial Device Control. Frame accuracy is not claimed by AJA when using this device control. XENA HS has no device control when using Machina or the I/O plugins in After Effects.
- XENA .yuv file exporter has been added to After Effects
- XENA presets for Adobe Premiere Pro have new names. "SL" is used to denote project presets that will use the card in Single Link SDI mode. "DL" denotes Dual Link SDI mode. "HD" refers to high definition modes at extended framerates such as 1080p50 or p60.
- The importer plugins for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects are no longer separate plug-ins. AE and Premiere now share a single importer plugin.
- Timecode offset problems in Adobe Premiere Pro have been resolved. A new timecode offset control is in the AJA Device Control options in Premiere Pro. This offset control should be used in lieu of the timecode offset control in the Premiere Pro capture window.
- Issue storing timecode In AVI and Sequence files when batch capturing in Premiere Pro has been resolved.
- Problem with XENA-captured Quicktime files being read as double their actual duration by QuickTime player has been resolved.
- Problem with UI distortion during capture in After Effects has been resolved.
- Problem conforming audio when Premiere Pro loses focus during the conforming process has been resolved.
NOTE: There is important configuration and installation information contained in the READ-ME, so please be sure to read it completely.
XENA v3.0 software can be found here:
...be sure to download the appropriate software package for each XENA product type (XENA 2K, XENA LH, etc.)
As always, we are available to assist you in any way we can. Please feel free to contact us at any time!
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
Installing and running CS3 on Vista 64 is supposed to be supported, albeit still as a 32 bit application. Have you done any testing with CS3 and Xena 3.0 drivers on Vista 64?
I don't want to migrate my dual quad-core machine w/ 8 gigs of RAM from WinXP 32 to Vista 32. I'm waiting for all of my software and drivers to support Vista 64, even if they are just 32 bit apps/drivers.