FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Motion Problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Premiere Motion Problems
on Jul 11, 2007 at 8:50:34 pm

Hi guys and gals...

I have a serious problem with "motions" in Premiere Pro2 on our Aja LHe system.

This machine spent quite a while back at the seller (Promax) recently for a wide variety of service issues, so all of its software and drivers should be absolutely up to date.

He is the latest issue:

"Motions" in Premiere do not function correctly. When attepting to "scale" an image, the image size does not change. The image stays at 100% size, even though the numbers on the scale show it to be of a different or changing size. My senior editor is a veteran Premiere expert and he confirms that I am not doing anything wrong or have any misplaced settings, etc. If I do anything else with OTHER Motion paramenters (such as rotate the image a little), then suddenly scaling works. But obviously that is not a solution.

Man, got to tell ya... I don't wish to knock Aja, but I've just about had it with this machine. It has had one issue after another after another. I just need a suite that is functional, one where I can sit down and immediately work. Not one where I seem to have to jump through endless hoops to do even the simpliest and most mundane of tasks EVERY SINGLE TIME... which is the present situation and has been since we bought it.

If anyone has any advice that will relieve my stress and crankiness it would be most appreciated.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
Re: Premiere Motion Problems
on Jul 13, 2007 at 2:52:58 pm

I feel for you Todd. I'd be pretty upset if I had as many problems as you are having. Makes you wonder what kind of testing occured while the machine was at Promax?

Have you tried pulling the Aja card out of the machine and running some tests without it? That is what I would do if I suspected problems with the board. Also, have you tried Aja support on these problems that you suspect are the Xena card?

I had my Xena card in a dual Xeon machine and it worked fine, then I moved it into my new dual quad-core machine and it is even working better :)

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 13, 2007 at 3:30:19 pm

Hi Todd,

I've not seen this sort of problem with AJA cards... In Ppro 1.5 and 2, the AJA drivers actually -fixed- the defective screen and multiply keyers that hadn't worked in PPro alone since "Pro" got attached to the name...those keyers have now been removed from CS3.

If you remove the AJA drivers, does the issue go away (you can simply drag the plugin and settings files out of their folders and "hide" them from Ppro so they don't load on launch for an initial test...).

All that said, if you are running CineForm, you will need the OEM drivers from AJA...NOT the retail drivers.

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on Jul 18, 2007 at 1:37:15 pm

This is only a wild guess, but: what is the graphics card in your machine? And does that have either the "certified" or newest driver from the chip manufacturer (like nVidia)?

-jeff

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 18, 2007 at 3:16:27 pm

[Jeff Brown] "This is only a wild guess, but: what is the graphics card in your machine? And does that have either the "certified" or newest driver from the chip manufacturer (like nVidia)?"

This is an excellent point (which i completely overlooked). when I went with the latest driver for my Quadro boards a while back, several strange things started happening, but after I rolled back to the version that was Adobe "certified", things settled down considerably.

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]