FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktimes Not working

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LowrySam
Quicktimes Not working
on Jun 14, 2007 at 3:17:03 pm

Anyone else having this problem? Quicktime .movs that used to work in Premiere are now just black or garbled/pixelated garbage. That includes anything I've rendered in After Effects or any Stock Footage, etc. from Digital Juice. I can't say for sure, but it seems to have happened after the 2.6 update was installed.

My temp workaround is to re-render the .movs in After Effect (where all of the files play just fine) to the AJA Quicktime codec. It does take forever, however. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Shawn Michael

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: Quicktimes Not working
on Jun 14, 2007 at 4:22:51 pm

Shawn Michael,

Are the quicktime clips you rendered in After Effects, ones that were rendered using the AJA uncompressed quicktime codecs? Or were these rendered using something else?

AJA XENA Support

Return to posts index

videoworx
on Jun 25, 2007 at 9:39:02 pm

I had this same problem today. I hooked up a brand new Xena system, and playback/capture went off without a hitch. However, when I imported some existing QT files (PNG and Photo JPEG codec), I just got black, and the audio tracks were also non-existent (not flat-line - simply not there).

I noticed that the conforming wasn't happening (something I'm used to with Premiere, so it was odd to not see it). I'm running the latest version of Quicktime (downloaded it from Apple.com this morning), Adobe Premiere Pro 2, and the latest Xena codecs. Not sure about nVidia drivers (the system is a brand new Dell Precision 690, and is otherwise performing better than any editing system I've ever put together).

I didn't have time to do any troubleshooting, so I'll look into this some more tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
on Jun 26, 2007 at 4:19:29 pm

[videoworx] "I'm running the latest version of Quicktime (downloaded it from Apple.com this morning)"

----
I'd start there! can you do a rollback to a previous version?

-jeff

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Jun 26, 2007 at 6:01:10 pm

Hope I'm not breaking any rules here. But...

AJA knows of the problem. They have a fix on the way. That's all I will say. If Will wants to say more, he can.

In conclusion, I'm happy.

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Jun 26, 2007 at 6:04:03 pm

I will add that the current workaround is to either roll back to the previous AJA driver version, or to re-render your quicktime files using the AJA codecs.

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 11, 2007 at 5:10:27 pm

This seems to be an issue with several plugins...not just Xena.

It can be a challenge for a third party vendor to keep it in the bullseye when the target keeps moving around...

:-)

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Jul 13, 2007 at 2:11:28 pm

The new V3.0 fixes this problem. I have tested it and had no problems since.

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]