FORUMS: list search recent posts

Real time down convert

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Ford
Real time down convert
on Jun 12, 2007 at 1:45:56 pm

Just wondering if anyone has got real time down convert working? My project is 1920x1080 and I've turned off desktop preview, my primary mode of output is now set to 720x576 25i and playback looks great for about 2 seconds then very jerky.

Machine is HPxw9300 and media is rendered to scuzzy hds with a data rate aroun 300kbs.

Also, changing convert mode to animporphic makes no difference, it is still letterboxing.

HELP! (please ;-)

john

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: Real time down convert
on Jun 12, 2007 at 2:30:08 pm

[John Ford] "Just wondering if anyone has got real time down convert working?"

Hmmm...i'm guessing you are capturing/downconverting via Machina?

I must say that realtime downconverting is one of the few things that I AM happy to say has always worked pretty well with our Aja machine (wish I could say the same for the rest of it). But we were always downconverting via HD-SDI to NTSC though, not PAL as you are.

There's a relatively brand-new set of Xena drivers... Have you installed those? (uninstall the old ones first).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: Real time down convert
on Jun 12, 2007 at 9:31:55 pm

How are your cards set up? I've seen this, but only when the bus is choked and only out of Premiere. I've never had a problem in Machina with a realtime downconvert.

The easy fix was to make sure my LH was in the 133Mhz slot and my storage was on the PCIe slot and that there wasn't anything else in the bus.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]