FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Premiere and Xena

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamski
New Premiere and Xena
on May 2, 2007 at 3:50:01 pm

Does the new version of Premiere (CS3?) offer anything beneficial to use v2.0 users with Xena cards that'll be worth the upgrade?

Does it even work with the Xena card(s) yet?

My Xena LH Pro v2.0 system is fine, and I hate to do an unnecessary upgrade if it'll not get me some useful new features or bug fixes.

One thing I really can't stand, however, is how Premiere seems to have to "touch" every clip in my bin if I simply minimize and restore the app (say, to use Photoshop, or just to check your mail). With a very large bin, this process is painstakingly s-l-o-w.

--
James Orlowski
RYNO Production, Inc.
http://www.rynoproduction.com
800-860-7966

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
Re: New Premiere and Xena
on May 2, 2007 at 5:37:08 pm

There are many memory improvements in premiere that should increase your workflow. Also if you are dealing with lots of Bins and 100's if not a couple of thousand clips you will like the new bin search function as well as multiple floating bins. AJA showed the new version of premiere pro at NAB on the mac and PC. When Adobe ships they will ship new drivers to support it.

Kevin

Return to posts index

jamski
on May 2, 2007 at 5:54:08 pm

We have 4 Premiere Pro 2.0 workstations (2 Xena LH, 2 Xena LS). If we only upgrade the two LH workstations, will we still be able to "share" projects? (i.e., opening a 3.0 project back on an old 2.0 workstation and visa versa?)

--
James Orlowski
RYNO Production, Inc.
http://www.rynoproduction.com
800-860-7966

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on May 2, 2007 at 6:08:25 pm

That is unknown until PPro is finalized, but I would doubt it. You could always download the public beta and test with a simple DV project.

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]