FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wich is better, Multibridge or Xena? and what about RT?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Angels
Wich is better, Multibridge or Xena? and what about RT?
on Mar 19, 2007 at 6:37:17 pm

Hi guys, this is a silly question for you but very important for me.

I have a DELL Precision 690, Win XP, 2gbRAM ddr-2, sata boot drive and 3 Scsi 300gb drives in RAID-0 config, nvidea fx1400 workstation.

I

Return to posts index

dartmax
Re: Wich is better, Multibridge or Xena? and what about RT?
on Mar 30, 2007 at 9:36:47 pm

Consider this... I have had so many problems with the multibridge on both PC and OSX that i would never ever buy anything from decklink.
multibridge does NOT support uncompressed 720hd 30p or 24p. It does NOT support realtime up and downconversion on capture and playback on the PC. Tech support is horrible.

With aja, I used a kona 2 for a year at a production company and the sdi in went out after intense use. Called up aja tech support. They walked you through trouble shooting, unlike decklink that will just try to usher you off. After tech support agreed there was a problem, we were sent a brand new replacement and had 10 days to return the old card after recieving the new one. No down time. I just used another machine to capture but could still work in realtime uncompressed on my usual station. That is fantastic service with consideration for the time constraints of video professionals.

AJA all the way, in my experience.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]