FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja and FireStore?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
Aja and FireStore?
on Mar 9, 2007 at 6:40:27 pm

Hey gang...

Is anyone here using FireStores with Aja machines?

I've been meaning to try FireStores for a long time but simply never got around to it... during most of that period we were Canopus users (DVrexPro and Storm2) and I figured that would work well since Canopus AVIs are one of the Firestore formats.

However, since Canopus decided to get out of bed with Adobe (moving from Premiere to Edius as the editor of choice) we have ditched Canopus in favor of the Aja Xena LHe.

But... I don't know if the FireStore will record in formats that are WELL-comptatable with the Aja. If I have to render video that is imported from the Firestore, I might as well just capture it off of tape the old fashioned way.

I have made an inquiry to Focus about this, but have received no response.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Todd

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Aja and FireStore?
on Mar 12, 2007 at 4:07:41 am

FireStore will certainly create standard DV files that can be loaded intro PPro and edited...even without a Xena card.

I haven't tried to edit DV files on a Xena timeline...but that would be basically the workflow if you had some DV files to try...

I have my system tied up on another project right now, or I'd check it out myself and give you more specific information...

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
Re: Aja and FireStore?
on Mar 26, 2007 at 7:03:06 pm

If the files are compatible with premiere pro thay can be edited with out the need to render with the AJA cards. I have done this many times.

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]