FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja to Canopus?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
Aja to Canopus?
on Feb 26, 2007 at 10:28:38 pm

Hey gang...

We are new Aja converts here, but still have a couple of older Canopus suites (DVrexPro and Storm2) that won't be phased out for a little while yet.

I need the two suites to "talk" to each other... that is, for each suite to be able to create AVIs that are readable by the other suites.

I can now play Canopus AVIs on my Aja machine (after finding/adding the proper Canopus codec to the Aja machine)... but I can't quite go the other way yet.

When I capture Aja AVIs in my Aja machine, the Canopus machine CAN indeed use them, and they look great. But that only applies to the raw captured files. If I make an Aja AVI within Premiere Pro2, THAT file is NOT usable in the Canopus machine.

Is there an Aja codec floating around out there that I need to install on the Canopus machine? Or anyone know of any other solution?

Thanks much,
Todd

Return to posts index

AJA XENA Support
Re: Aja to Canopus?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 9:32:10 pm

Todd,

There is an uncompressed VFW AVI codec included in the Xena installer package. On your Xena system you can find the codec here

C:Program FilesAJAWindowsCodecsXena_VFW

You can copy this folder to any place on your Canopus system. Then right click on the

Return to posts index

Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
on Mar 2, 2007 at 3:34:02 pm

Thanks...

I tried that, but I do not seem to have that on my system.

The C:Program FilesAJAWindowsCodecs folder on my Aja system does not have anything in it, except a single QuickTime folder, which contains the file Xena.qtx.

A computer-wide search for the file XenaVFW.inf did not yield any results either.

Suggestions??

Thanks
Todd

Return to posts index

AJA XENA Support
on Mar 2, 2007 at 5:15:13 pm

Todd,

If you dont have that folder, you are likely using an older version of the XENA software. Download the latest from our website, uninstall what you have and run the new installer.

AJA XENA Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]