FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motherboard for AJA/Cineform system

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vealti
Motherboard for AJA/Cineform system
on Feb 2, 2007 at 11:39:12 pm

I'm looking into upgrading my old system for using a AJA/Cineform setup. I can't fine any info on hardware compatibility since AJA only certifies a few built systems. Has anybody done this and what setups work?

Return to posts index

David Newman
Re: Motherboard for AJA/Cineform system
on Feb 4, 2007 at 4:36:44 am

For a low cost but great system the 2.66GHz Conroe based Dell 390s work very well. If you are only looking for a motherboard, we haven't encountered issues with name brand vendors. Adding PCI-e card to a fast system is much more reliable than the older PCI-X days, these systems are getting easy to build.

- David Newman
- CTO, CineForm
- web: http://www.cineform.com
- blog: cineform.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

vealti
on Feb 4, 2007 at 5:34:48 pm

David, I'm planning on using my current computer and swapping out the motherboard to upgrade. I'm looking at using a Core 2 Due E6600 chip, 2 gigs Ram and FX 560. The motherboards I've been looking at are 775 chipset ASUS, Intel, and Gigabyte. Any known issues with these? And if anyone can give specific specs on a working system that would be great.

PS, David, I've followed your discussions on DVXuser. They were a great help getting answers on the Cineform product. Thanks for all your time to answer what seems like hundreds of post!

Return to posts index

David Newman
on Feb 5, 2007 at 4:00:01 pm

All those motherboard vendors are fine. I haven't used Core 2 Duo E6600, although the E6700 is similar and works very well. The Xena will be your primary reference display so the Graphic Card is of less importance to a CineForm setup.

- David Newman
- CTO, CineForm
- web: http://www.cineform.com
- blog: cineform.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

vealti
on Feb 6, 2007 at 9:12:31 pm

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved