FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xeno Output Question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Sven
Xeno Output Question
on Jan 17, 2007 at 12:01:18 am

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a way of outputing video from a media player (Videolan, Mediaplayer, Quicktime, Etc.) via the AJA Xena LH/LHE card to an external monitor? It would be so nice to be able to preview renders or random movies on my hardrive with my Xena card on a tv display.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Xeno Output Question
on Jan 22, 2007 at 7:28:29 am

Of course Machina will play out to the Xena card...

The issue with "random" movies would probably be nonstandard framesizes and rates, which would have to be converted to run out a standard HDSDI pipeline...which I have never tried through Machina, but I don't think Machina was designed as a "universal" player.

Typically I end up using an extra UI monitor.

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Tom Sven
on Jan 22, 2007 at 3:03:17 pm

I know on the mac with the Kona card you can share out your TV monitor as an extra desktop can you also do this with the Xena? I have been looking around and can not find any options. Being atleast able to drag a movie over to the extra monitor would be a perfect work around for me.

Return to posts index

Filip Lange
on Feb 6, 2008 at 10:03:29 am

it seems that its not working on PC. its realy a pitty.
we use a studio monitor as ref. screen, but i always need to use this machina software.:/
perhaps it is possible to write a output plugin for media player or VLC.
we just need to use one of the aja codecs as reference and all format problems are solved.
so, it should be possible to play media player, quicktime or anything else and it is shown on the output.
i worked on a targa 2000 , 100 years ago, and this old piece of hardware was able to output anything quicktime to a reference monitor.

filip

back again, finaly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]