FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xena Version 2.5 Software Released!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AJA Xena Support
Xena Version 2.5 Software Released!
on Jan 4, 2007 at 10:00:42 pm

We have a new version of the Xena software out there for everyone to download now! You can get the new version here: http://www.aja.com/ajashare/XENA_setup-2.5.zip.

The new version contains a bunch of new features, and a few bug fixes as well. Release notes describing the new features are included with the installer!

If you have questions or comments, please feel free to email xenasupport@aja.com

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: Xena Version 2.5 Software Released!
on Jan 4, 2007 at 10:39:27 pm

Below is a list of all the new features in the Xena version 2.5 software release.

Features added exclusively to the XENA 2K and XENA 2Ke:

Return to posts index

RedEditor
on Jan 5, 2007 at 8:42:34 am

Before I take the plunge, can I instal this update over the top of my existing LH 2.0.2 version?
Will I need to reinstal Premier, or lose any prefs?

Regards
RED

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
on Jan 8, 2007 at 9:45:15 pm

RED,

You can install version 2.5 right over the top of 2.0.2

However I always recommend that you save a legacy copy of your Premiere Project file when upgrading Premiere or any Premiere plugin. This is ESPECIALLY the case when upgrading Premiere Pro, but doesnt hurt to do it when upgrading plugins like ours as well.

Xena Support

Return to posts index

RedEditor
on Jan 9, 2007 at 5:36:24 am

Thanks... have upgraded the software, and all went well, apart from a few minor settings changes in projects.

Cheers
RED

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Jan 8, 2007 at 9:04:47 pm

Already having problems... I called AJA and left a message. Haven't heard back. Biggest problems are:

-Video playback in Program monitor in Premiere 2.0 is now Draft quality despite changes to the settings. The Source monitor video is just fine, as well as video sent to the externl NTSC monitor (SDI and Component).

-Resizing video that is less than 100% to anything larger removes the .9 pixel aspect ratio. Pixels become square.

-Playback of 720X480 video in Machina with the Primary Video Format set to same causes the software to crash and close. I CAN playback 720x480 video with the settings at 720x486, but this causes obvious distortion to video and playback (mainly wrong fields).

I'm rolling back to the previous version until I can get an answer.

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Jan 9, 2007 at 2:30:53 pm

Update: I left the wrong phone number with AJA. They were calling my fax. Thanks to Tech support for waking me up to this. Sorry guys.

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

RedEditor
on Jan 11, 2007 at 12:49:08 am

LowrySam

Re-adjust the Display Playback settings to Full instead of Half in your Project settings.... should be fine.

Cheers
RED

Return to posts index

RedEditor
on Jan 11, 2007 at 4:53:17 am

OK... hold on everyone!
If you are running a PAL system (don't know about NTSC), I would wait before installing this update. We are now having some major bug issues and I will need to get these sorted out with AJA support, before reinstalling this version. Be warned!

Regards
RED

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Jan 30, 2007 at 3:58:11 pm

Confirmed here in PAL also. This is really poor quality for a release driver.

Low quality in the VGA program monitor.
Video image flipping during transitions.

Not a good impression.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]