FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA XENA LH Batch Capture

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pearl
AJA XENA LH Batch Capture
on Dec 19, 2006 at 8:24:49 pm

Hey guys sorry about this, new user question... I think I've seen talk on the forums about a batch capture with this system...
am I wrong? I can't seem to find anything in the manual or in the menus. What have I missed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: AJA XENA LH Batch Capture
on Dec 20, 2006 at 5:22:57 pm

Hi Perl!

Xena LS, LSe, LH, LHe 2K and 2Ke all have batch capture functionality within Adobe Premiere Pro.

AJA Xena Support

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Dec 21, 2006 at 4:01:58 am

In Premiere Pro's capture window, you have the ability to set an 'in' and an 'out' point and click on a button that says 'log clip'. This will create the clip-uncaptured in the Project window. After you create a series of these either through searching and manually 'logging' the selects, or simply keying in selects...or importing timecode numbers from elsewhere...you can select the uncaptured clips in the Project window and when you right-click you will get a context menu that says 'batch capture'...

At this point, you would insert the tape Ppro asks for based on reel information and go get a coffee.

...and in my case...a Ding Dong.

(sorry I don't have Ppro open in front of me right now so I'm typing procedure from memory...but once you get in there and see the setup, it's relatively straight forward.)

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Pearl
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:00:54 pm

Hey Guys thanks for the response...when I said new user I really meant new user. Being used to edit systems and other encoding systems I just assumed there was a logging tool inside of the Machina. That ugly word "ASSUME" busted me. Not a problem, just means I get to go shopping for a Premiere Pro Licence,(as long as I can get it approved.) By the way it litterally saved our butts on an agency job that the client moved the deadline up by 2 days...at the same time our encoder bought it. We wouldn't have made it without the XENA.

Thanks again

pearl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]