FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video output on SDI Monitor from After Effects?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamski
Video output on SDI Monitor from After Effects?
on Oct 25, 2006 at 3:21:59 pm

We just upgraded our workstations from Bluefish444 cards to new AJA Xena LH systems.

Things seem to be working fine; the AJA card will even playback our older Bluefish444 Quicktime moives with no rendering--I was concerned about that.

However, I can't seem to view my After Effects compositions on my SDI monitor. I can see video while in Premiere 2.0, but once I switch over to AE, the monitor goes to static. Going back to Premiere, the video returns.

What is going on here? On my Bluefish444 workstation, I could see AE on the SDI monitor.

My workstation is a pre-configued BOXX workstation, Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor 270, 2.0 GHz and 2 GB RAM.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Video output on SDI Monitor from After Effects?
on Oct 25, 2006 at 6:42:56 pm

Hello,

Please feel free to contact our support group who can work through this issue with you. They can be reached at +1 (530) 271-3190, or via email at support@aja.com.

Thank you,

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

jamski
on Oct 25, 2006 at 10:36:15 pm

Thanks. I think I got it figured out. It was outputting and HD signal into my SD monitor. Changing it to 720x486 did the trick.

Another question: when I render in AE, I don't see what's rendering on either the computer monitor or on the video monitor. Is there another "hidden" setting that would remedy this?

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
on Oct 30, 2006 at 11:22:15 pm

Jamski,

There is a setting in the 'AJA Preview' settings called 'Preview During Render' that defaults to off. Go to the 'Window' menu and select 'AJA Preview' an check the 'Preview During Render' button. It defaults to off under the assumption that it is more important to use computer resources for rendering, and the preview becomes more important AFTER the render is complete. However the option is there for you to change it to suit your needs.

AJA Xena Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]