FORUMS: list search recent posts

LS project on an LH Workstation

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamski
LS project on an LH Workstation
on Oct 12, 2006 at 7:26:56 pm

Just trying to logistically figure out our new workflow with our new LS and LH systems coming in next week....

Can a workstation with an LH card playback a Premiere project that was created on a station with an LS card? I assume the other way around won't work...

In other words, if an editor does a job on his LS workstation, digitizing footage with his LS card, can I move that job over to my LH station (if needed) to complete or continue the job without issues?

If I keep the job standard def, can the job be moved BACK to the LS workstation, too?

--
James Orlowski
RYNO Production, Inc.
800-860-7066

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: LS project on an LH Workstation
on Oct 12, 2006 at 11:04:32 pm

There is a somewhat complex answer to this, but I will basically simplify it:

1) Not all the RGB features of the LH are supported by the LS, so there may be some issues going from LH to LS if you are working in RGB. You shouldnt have the same issues going from LS to LH, or if you are working in YUV.

2) LUT support: the LH has some hardware based color correction features that dont exist on the LS. In Premiere Pro these features are exposed as some RT color effects. The problem here would just be that with the LH these effects will be RT, and with the LS they will not.

3) Playback settings will have to be reset when you move a project from one card to the other. This is as simple as opening the normal Premiere Playback settings dialog and resetting the playback resolution and framerate.

The rest of your proposed workflow should work ok. Ideally it would be better to have two LH's, but you will be able to use the project with both cards.

AJA Xena Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]