FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluefish444 to AJA Conversion

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamski
Bluefish444 to AJA Conversion
on Oct 12, 2006 at 7:08:38 pm

Our company is moving off our current Bluefish444 systems to new AJA Xena LH and LS systems (two LH systems, and two LS systems). All running Premiere 2.0.

What kind of headaches am I in for when I open on older Bluefish444 Premiere job on my new AJA system (if any)?

What about all our Quicktime video clips we have currently on our systems that are in the Bluefish444 codec? I assume I can either:

1. Open After Effects and convert all video over to the AJA codec one at a time, or
2. Have Premiere just "render" the jobs into the AJA codec as needed.

Any other suggestions?

--
James Orlowski
RYNO Production, Inc.
800-860-7066

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: Bluefish444 to AJA Conversion
on Oct 12, 2006 at 11:02:53 pm

If you are using v210(10-bit YUV422) files then they should be able to open fine. I believe BlueFish has their own 8-bit YUV packing scheme(at least they used to). The only other thing I can think of - is if BlueFish didn't put the scan type (progressive, interlaced) in the QuickTime Header then we default that it's a progressive file.

The files (at least SD) are fine to go back and forth with LH<->LS with two
exception: 1. 24-bit RGB/BGR is not supported on LS 2. 'R10k' or 'R10g' for QT and AVI as well as DPX/Cineom is not supported on LS.

We dont actually know if a Bluefish Premeire Pro Project will work inside a Xena project. It might, but we havent tested that here.

AJA Xena Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]