FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects RAM preview with AJA Xena

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mgrins
After Effects RAM preview with AJA Xena
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:39:13 am

Hi there,
I'm just setting up a very fast PC: 2x 3GHz Dual core Xeons (5160) / 1333 FSB / 4gb RAM / Xena LHe / After Effects 7

I've justed started working in After Effect and the RAM previews are not working very well...

When I preview a few seconds in HD the playback is not realtime (only manages to playback around 14 frames a second!!) RAM preview does manage to playback SD realtime, but nothing HD(not even 720p!!)

Also the ram preview seems to ignore AE RAM preview resolution setting (ie half quality)

I realise I won't be able to preview much due to the ram limitiation, but I DID expect it to playback in realtime what little I could preview!

If anyone could give me suggestions as to what I'm might be doing wrong, or even let me know how you find RAM previews using AJA Xena would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: After Effects RAM preview with AJA Xena
on Sep 27, 2006 at 12:21:32 pm

Are you watching the RAM preview on the video monitor output from the Xena or on an interface monitor?

TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,

Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Mgrins
on Sep 28, 2006 at 2:32:14 am

Hi Tim,

Yes I am watching the HD analogue component output on a Sony Multiformat PVM-D20L5A monitor.
When I disable the Xena monitor output the playback on the computer screen is realtime.

Cheers,
Matt

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
on Sep 27, 2006 at 3:28:08 pm

RAM Preview should be in RealTime for HD in AE 7. Please make sure of the following settings to ensure RT RAM Preview. First, make sure that the

Return to posts index

Mgrins
on Sep 28, 2006 at 2:29:14 am

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I have tried everything you suggest with no change in results.

1920x1080 29.97i project RAM preview plays back at 8.4fps!
1280X720 29.97p project RAM preview plays at 15.7fps!

When I disable the Xena output the RAM preview playback is realtime (by unchecking 'playback' in the AJA Preview window)

This isn't even close, where to from here?

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Mgrins
on Sep 28, 2006 at 2:36:42 am

Sorry, I should add that the CPU usage while playing RAM preview is only 29%
AE is set to maximun 2gb RAM and disk caching is disabled.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
on Oct 6, 2006 at 11:12:51 pm

You should call the support Line or email xenasupport@aja.com and send the support staff your system info file. My suspicion is that the bandwidth on your PCI bus is very poor, but they can give you the tool to check that.

Return to posts index

Yuriy66
on Oct 18, 2006 at 5:41:44 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/nucleo_pro/CC_Nucl...
Here A Rabinovitz explains why multiprocessor mashine are not working on full power with AAE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]