FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam in Premiere Pro 2

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lowrysam
Multicam in Premiere Pro 2
on Sep 26, 2006 at 1:27:02 pm

Can I safely assume that AJA Xena does not support the multicam feature in PP 2.0? I press play and I get nothing. No movement in the timeline or anything. Let me know if I am wrong or if anyone knows a workaround.

Thanks

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

AJA Xena Support
Re: Multicam in Premiere Pro 2
on Sep 28, 2006 at 10:45:19 pm

Multicam is supported by the Xena Card in Premiere Pro 2.0. However, one feature of MultiCam is not yet supported and there seems to be a bug with another MultiCam feature that may or may not be caused by Adobe.

Multicam Feature Not Supported by Xena

When selecting(i.e. has the Mouse/Keyobard focus) the MultiCam Monitor Window and hitting the

Return to posts index

LowrySam
on Oct 12, 2006 at 3:52:52 pm

I appreciate the reply. However, the feature that you call "unsupported" by Xena (playback of the multicam monitor) makes the entire feature useless. Why would anyone use multicam if they were unable to actually play the video and make real-time cuts? Do you really expect someone to scrub a time line and make editing decisions based on that?

A far as I'm concerned, the entire multicam feature is unsupported by Xena.

Lowrysam

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Dec 10, 2006 at 7:04:45 pm

Every major project I do is a multi-cam project. After completing a couple "non-multi-cam test projects", I was in love with my Xena card. Now I just started my first "real" project which is multi-cam and now I want my money back.

If the Xena card really does support multi-cam, please explain the workflow in detail describing how I can complete a multi-cam project with a Xena card? From what I can see the Xena is totally worthless if you are working on a multi-cam project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]