FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IO HD Won't Boot

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Harding
AJA IO HD Won't Boot
on Aug 27, 2015 at 11:31:01 am

Hi everyone,

I'm having some real problems getting my AJA IO HD to boot. The Mac I am running is a Macbook Pro running iOS 10.5 and the AJA software I have installed is the 6.0.3 version and I have updated the firmware of my IO HD to the firmware provided with the software version.

Annoyingly about 90% of the time my AJA just will not boot properly. With the firewire disconnected, the IO HD boots up showing the different firmware versions and then finished by showing the AJA logo. When the IO HD is plugged in by firewire, booted followed by the Mac, it does the same thing. When I power on the Mac first and then power on the IO HD, it hangs on the firmware readout until I disconnect the firewire cable again.

Once in a blue moon I have actually managed to get the AJA to connect to the Mac, showing SDI1 and SDI 2 on the IO HD screen and I was able to capture a digibeta tape.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I have tried different cables and a different Mac but that had the same issue and runs Mac OS 10.10 which I don't believe is supported.

Thanks,

James

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AJA IO HD Won't Boot
on Aug 28, 2015 at 10:26:22 pm

Contact AJA Tech Support. The unit might actually be failing or have some hardware issue.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]