FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA io XT with FCP 7 and Yosemite? (an AJA sales rep told me today that FCP 7 is not officially supported)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Khashyar Darvich
AJA io XT with FCP 7 and Yosemite? (an AJA sales rep told me today that FCP 7 is not officially supported)
on Aug 14, 2015 at 4:34:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to purchase an AJA io XT to use with our early 2011 17" Macbook Pro (with a CalDigit Thunderbolt port and HP Dreamcolor Z27x monitor).

We are working on some projects that are being edited on FCP 7, and want to make sure that the io XT supports FCP 7.

I saw on a thread 2 years ago that it FCP 7 was working for some using Mavericks.

But the AJA sales rep today told me that FCP 7 is not officially supported, and he did not think that it would work with FCP 7.

Can anyone confirm that the AJA io XT is working with FCP 7 and Yosemite?

Thank you very much for your feedback and help.

Producer-Director
Wakan Films
Hollywood, CA
http://www.wakan.com

Return to posts index

Khashyar Darvich
Re: AJA io XT with FCP 7 and Yosemite? (an AJA sales rep told me today that FCP 7 is not officially supported)
on Aug 14, 2015 at 4:58:20 pm

Abe at AJA was ver helpful.

He confirmed that yes, the AJA io XT does currently work with FCP 7 and Yosmite, but that it may not in the future:

"I spoke with our tech support group, and they tell me that our engineering team has been able (thus far) to retain full functionality within FCP7 with IoXT. No real limitations exist that they know of at this point. Of course, we cannot guarantee continued support indefinitely, as Apple is no longer updating FCP7, but for now, it works wonderfully. Also, once you have the Io XT, tech support is well versed in assisting you with any issues you run in to..."

Producer-Director
Wakan Films
Hollywood, CA
http://www.wakan.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]