FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA T-tap raising errors and slow performance

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Zeleny
AJA T-tap raising errors and slow performance
on Oct 26, 2015 at 3:13:12 pm

I recently put together a home system and am running MC 8.4 It's a Z440 system built precisely to AVID's requried specs. I purchased an AJA T-tap to run output to a monitor (just for editing, I do no finishing or capturing). The project I'm currently working on uses a mix of video codecs: DNx145, XDCAM 422 50Mbits, and Canon XF-MPEG 422 50Mbits. Everything is 1080p/23.976. Nothing is AMA linked, all DNx footage was transcoded from it's original format and the XDCAM footage was consolidated. I'm using AJA's latest software installer (12.3).

When editing with hardware activated I get extremely slow response rate while trimming AND moving clips in the timeline. Playback is fine otherwise, but actions in the timeline are heavily delayed and if I push the envelope (trying to move a clip quickly or put too many inputs in at once) AVID raises the following error:

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: FATAL_ERROR, msg:Assertion failed: positionInBytes >= 0, file:..\..\src\msm\MPEGMapper.c, line:493

Monitor Exception:

* Exception: FATAL_ERROR, msg:Assertion failed: positionInBytes >= 0, file:..\..\src\msm\MPEGMapper.c, line:493

This leads me to believe something might be going wrong with the Canon XF-MPEG 422 50Mbit clips- but that's just a wild guess based on the "MPEG" portion of the error. When i disable my hardware, everything runs like a dream. Fast edits, trims, movements, with 0 crashing or "exception" errors.

This exception error does not usually crash the whole program. I click passed the error, save, and usually continue working. But the error is raised often enough while I work (I'd say once every 2-3 minutes), that it's becoming a major pain. I work with my hard ware off except while playing back my timeline for review, but since the machine and hardware is all brand new, it would be GREAT if it worked properly. I brought this issue up to AJA but so far have received no response from their team. I'm looking for any help those here may have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]