FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO XT Premiere Pro crackling, stuttery playback

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Pierce
IO XT Premiere Pro crackling, stuttery playback
on Oct 8, 2014 at 11:48:27 am

Hello,
I'm running PP on a late 2012 iMac, 32GB ram with the MX680 GPU. If I turn off the IO XT, I can play complex timelines with no problems. Engaging the IO XT I get intermittent stuttering with audio crackle. The audio and video usually drift out of sync as well. This happens with just about any type of media.

This is true for the previous version of PP (7.2.2) as well as the latest CC 2014, using the latest drivers from Aja.

I've tried trashing preferences and removing third party plugins but the problem persists. I spent a couple hours on the phone with Aja a while back but couldn't figure it out.

Am I the only one having this issue? I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could chime in.
Thanks,
Bob Pierce

Return to posts index

Bob Pierce
Re: IO XT Premiere Pro crackling, stuttery playback
on Oct 8, 2014 at 12:23:14 pm

Update: I did a test using various types of media and have discovered that in fact the IO XT works fine with most media types but for some reason chokes on Sony XAVC (from the F5).

I have no problem with 5D m3, C300 or XDCAM EX.

With the IO XT offline the XAVC plays back fine. Anyone else having this issue?
Bob

Return to posts index

Christopher Johnson
Re: IO XT Premiere Pro crackling, stuttery playback
on Nov 22, 2014 at 9:40:02 pm

Thanks for the update. I own the io XT and a Mac as well, and had planned on doing my first Premier Pro Project this winter. I was scared there for a moment.

AJA io XT, FCP 7.0.3, OS X 10.9.2, 2012 non-Retina MacBook Pro, i7, 16 gig RAM, , Panasonic Plasma, USB-3 RAID

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]