FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Io 4K Premiere CC 2014 audio monitoring issue

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt O'Donnell
AJA Io 4K Premiere CC 2014 audio monitoring issue
on Aug 31, 2014 at 6:24:03 pm

I'm demoing a AJA Io 4K and I cannot get audio to playback properly out of Premiere Pro CC 2014.
It's an issue I've seen before, the audio constantly cuts in and out. In the past I've seen this from not having the system preferences of the OS and the audio preferences in the app set up properly. But I have made sure that the sys prefs audio output is set to something other than the AJA, and in Premiere I have the output set to system default and mapped to the AJA.

I'm a bit at wits end.

Return to posts index

Daniel Farnworth
Re: AJA Io 4K Premiere CC 2014 audio monitoring issue
on Sep 4, 2014 at 11:21:50 am

Hi Matt,

Did you find any info/solutions on this anywhere? We're having all manner of issues monitoring audio from Premiere & AE through IO 4Ks. Ranges from blown out crackly sound to dropping to just suddenly dropping out.

All the best
Dan

Return to posts index

paul Jones
on Oct 7, 2014 at 8:48:39 pm

I'm having a similar issue. The audio playback is very intermittent. Sometimes it plays fine, usually playing from the start of the sequence. Move the playhead forward and hit play, and the audio stutters, or play sour of sync, or doesn't play at all. Jog forward one frame, and this can solve the problem on some occasions. Move the playhead again, and the problem re-occurs.

Switching to a BMD Mini Monitor gives butter-smooth playback and much better scrubbing responsiveness with no audio issues.

2048x1152 downscaled to 1920x1080

PPro CC 8.1.0
Latest AJA drivers.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Oct 8, 2014 at 11:50:02 pm

Hi Paul,

I was able to reproduce the audio issue your describing. We're working with AJA to resolve the issue now.

As for the responsiveness issue your seeing. Are you aware of the new buffer setting inside Premiere's Playback preferences? Changing the buffer size to Minimum really improves the responsiveness.

Here's the notes from AJA's release notes. Hope this helps!

New Hardware buffering setting in the Transmit plug-in. To change the setting in Premiere Pro, go to Edit>Preferences>Playback>Video Device>AJA Device>Setup>Buffer Mode
• Standard – This mode uses an 8 frame buffer and is recommended for use when mastering tapes. This is the default mode.
• Minimum – This mode uses a 3 frame buffer. Using this mode will increase the likelihood of dropped frames on the output when system resources are not keeping up, but can improve the stop/start and JKL performance on the timeline while editing.
• Maximum – This mode uses a 14 frame buffer and should be used any time occasional frame drops are occurring and limited system resources are the suspected culprit. For example, with an underpowered, older Mac Mini, or a system without a Mercury Approved GPU, this setting may help mitigate minor frame drops.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Paul Jones
on Nov 1, 2014 at 3:17:36 pm

Thanks Peter.

Appreciate you getting back to me.

I am aware of the new buffering options, unfortunately they didn't help with this particular problem.

Hope you and AJA can sort this out soon, for now, switching to the BMD Mini Monitor is getting me by.

Return to posts index

Jimmy Brunger
on Jul 16, 2015 at 2:04:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Any news on this?

Just bought an AJA Io 4k and monitoring audio via the standard phono outs to an amp - no matter what I try the sound just comes out really tinny and distorted. Any ideas?

-------------------------------
Adobe CC 2014
MacPro 2013 8-core 3GHz / 64GB RAM / Dual FirePro D500s / OSX 10.10
Decklink Extreme+ 3D / 2TB SSD RAID-0 scratch / XServe + UD RAID on Small Tree 10GbE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]