FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I playback something while still recording?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Vargas
Can I playback something while still recording?
on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:57:03 pm

I'm posting this to the io forum since we have an ioXT at our disposal, but if anyone can figure out a different way of doing this (or a different forum to post to that would be more appropriate), please let me know.

We have a live event that is streamed to the web. Normally it takes a live HD-SDI feed from the production truck.

For a variety of reasons, we may need to delay the webcast of an event by 30 minutes.

Is there a way to start a recording with an ioXT (or something else as mentioned above) and then start playing back that recording (over HD-SDI or HDMI) 30 minutes later, while it's still recording the hour-long event?

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

James Brooks
Re: Can I playback something while still recording?
on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:23:57 pm

Hi Chris

Our DDRs have an interface called SyncControl that does this for multi camera systems. If you are just looking for 1 channel, feel free to contact me off list. We can probably set that up with our MediaNXS software and an AJA Kona card.

Cheers, James
James Brooks
CTO, Drastic Technologies
416 255 5636
james at drastictech.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:48:54 pm

the simple answer is No.

It is an technical issue unless you have software that is sophisticated enough to playback a file while it is still capturing, most NLE's or other tools do not allow that until the file has been closed.

The old Gallery Effects Software at one time allowed for the ability to handle what is called a" growing file" on the server side but I do not know of any stand alone software on the mac that would do this.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:17:21 am

We do it with live sport events recorded into our Isis all of the time on our avids.

Not sure how sophisticated you need to get with present hardware?

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]