FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO-HD user needs advice...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Zukin
IO-HD user needs advice...
on Apr 29, 2013 at 3:51:46 pm

I'm using FCP7 -- soon to migrate to Premiere -- editing on 5 yr. old Mac Pro.

Everything stable -- waiting to see what Apple releases in terms of Mac Pro -- willing to buy IMac if necessary...

Anyway, storage needs aside -- I still am required to dig into vast tape library for certain projects.

I spoke with a nice gentleman from AJA's sales staff, who really couldn't come up with a clean, modern, simple solution for being able to ingest component tape-based video into my forthcoming edit environment.

Would it make sense to hold onto my aging system for the purpose of tape acquisition??

thanks much.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: IO-HD user needs advice...
on May 1, 2013 at 12:44:43 am

I can think of one.

AJA IoXT that connects via Thunderbolt to new iMac or to new MacBook Pro.
Then $295 to get the BlackMagic Design MiniConverter that takes Analog and makes it SDI.

Or save money and just keep that old system that is still VERY functional and use it to capture the footage, put it on a hard drive for your new edit station. Then you have a capture station and and edit station. You can capture WHILE you edit.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthew Causon
on May 1, 2013 at 11:02:28 am

I agree with Shane, but you might want to consider staying with the AJA brand for the mini converter:

http://www.aja.com/en/products/mini-converters/d10ad/#overview

http://www.aja.com/en/products/mini-converters/hd10a/#overview

Best regards

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on May 3, 2013 at 3:55:05 am

or just go with the Blackmagic UltraStudio Express which connects to the iMac via ThunderBolt. It has all the SDI and Analog connection options. Costs much less than the AJA IO XT too. Just bought my first BM product after years of using AJA and Matrox. Am really happy I went with BM.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
on May 3, 2013 at 3:34:12 pm

Yeah, I'm a long-time AJA guy, but in this case it does seem like the BMD product is a little more "elegant."
It's surprising really, because I imagine that there must be thousands of guys in my position: in need of ingesting tape-based file footage on a regular basis...

Thanks for all the advice/tips -- much appreciated...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]