FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Io HD stopping bootup

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Douglas
AJA Io HD stopping bootup
on Feb 26, 2013 at 9:41:24 pm

Here's my story:

The Io HD was working fine with FCP 7 on a new Mac Pro Six core with Mt. Lion installed. I've made the switch over to PPro lately, and wasn't using the Io HD for a while so I turned it off.

I realized for a client showing I'd need to go back to FCP 7 in order to play the project on our large screen monitor, which would I'd do by going from FCP7 to the IoHD to our monitor via HDMI. I turned on the Io HD, but it wasn't recognized. I uninstalled the drivers, then re-installed the Io HD drivers, and then when I booted up it went from the mac grey screen with the apple icon to grey screens on both monitors and it would just hang there. Meanwhile on the Io HD, the reading for the format it was set to read on the led screen on the machine.

I turned off the machine, and started it back up with the fw800 unplugged from the mac pro, and it booted up just fine.

Anybody have any idea's on a solution as to get the Io HD working again? I've run the conflict checker and it turns up with no conflicts....

Brand New Website UP! - scottkdouglas.com

Return to posts index

Scott Douglas
Re: AJA Io HD stopping bootup
on Feb 26, 2013 at 9:45:11 pm

ps. The fw800 is plugged into the back port, while I have a fw800 cable plugged into the front port that leads to a mixboard.... not sure if that makes a difference, but I did have them both working fine, once I moved the mixboard fw800 to the front port.

Brand New Website UP! - scottkdouglas.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: AJA Io HD stopping bootup
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:55:01 pm

[Scott Douglas] "The fw800 is plugged into the back port, while I have a fw800 cable plugged into the front port that leads to a mixboard.... not sure if that makes a difference"

the IOHD wants the entire FW buss. < PERIOD >

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved