FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA io express and audio punchin

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve knattress
AJA io express and audio punchin
on Feb 8, 2013 at 11:20:27 am

Yesterday I was working at a facility which have recently upgraded their edit suites to SDI (SD)HD and use new PCs with MC5.5 together with new aja io express. ( pci card )
This comes up in the Media composer main window as Media Compose XENA.

( I have the aja io xt (thunderbolt) which i use on a Mac and do not get the MC title bar change)

I came to do an audio voice-over to pictures using the avid punch in tool to find it was greyed out.
( obviously I could not use analogue in as the express box does not have it, but I assumed I could do voice overs using the SDI input)
We did have an analogue to SDI blackmagic box so I could embed my voice over mics from my audio mixer onto an SDI feed.)
On the capture tool I could capture the mics using the avid/io SDI input ( the other option is HDMI)
but obviously not to picture. How do I do this?

( as a work around I played the sequence off avid and recorded the sdi embedded audio to digital tape, then had to capture the whole voiceover and edit to picture.
Pickups were fun NOT.

Come on there must be a way to voice to pictures in an edit suite, a workflow that has worked for decades.

Steve

Return to posts index

steve knattress
Re: AJA io express and audio punchin
on Feb 11, 2013 at 10:39:49 am

Any one doing audio punchin with mc5.5 and aja?

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Feb 11, 2013 at 12:08:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that punch-in tool does not work with embedded audio prior to v6.

And I'm not entirely sure that it works in v6 either :-(

I expect it is down to the inability to have video I at the same time as O

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Feb 21, 2013 at 12:44:29 pm

Thanks Trevor

I have not visited but the client now says that their engineers looked at it and the punchin is un-greyed and in theory "works"

I'm not sure how?

I would have thought that aja themselves would have commented by now?

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Apr 18, 2013 at 8:46:34 am

Can aja support comment on what should and should not work with avid (mc6 AND) Mc5.5 using an express interface.

I have a production coming up using avid mc5.5 (pc) and aja express, and need to be able to audio punchin

Thanks Steve

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on May 10, 2013 at 8:09:26 am

Had to go back to mojo with clients recently "upgraded" PC mc5.5 as need to do an audio punchin on programme.
Fortunately this prog is sd.

Any comments suggestions please?

Aja support please point me to information on what does and does not work with aja express and mc 5.5
Would an upgrade to mc6 help me be able to use audio punchin?

Steve on behalf of clients.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on May 16, 2013 at 12:21:32 pm

Lots of problems editing using old mojo with latest PC's (firewire problem) windows 7 and MC5.5
many (io) crashes and blue screens.

What are people using to get analogue audio into an avid using an aja express io? (SDI only)

Will an audio embedder work to get the audio embedded into the aja and hence avid.
What version of MC to get audio punchin to work? (Its greyed in 5.5)

Or forget the aja for input and use USB audio in?
Can I still use the aja for monitoring?

Steve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]