FORUMS: list search recent posts

ExpressIO / HP Z400 misery.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Lowden
ExpressIO / HP Z400 misery.
on Nov 1, 2012 at 4:14:03 pm

I have been struggling with an aja io express and a HP z400 for over a year. I am on windows 7 64bit and have installed the latest aja drivers. The card is installed on slot 1 and respects the avid spec. I have been trying to get CS5.5 and 6 to work without success. Problems I have in particular with cs6 are:
inability to switch between apps. I have to restart the of and the box to switch apps.
Preview window monitor return works correctly but I am unable to record using remote without getting massive amounts of drop frames.
In cs6, there are no longer the Aja sequence presets so i am unsure what personal settings to create to optimize uncompressed pal sequences.
Over longer periods, the audio and video will desyncronise. Often over time, edit points will slip.
If open the same projects on a z400 with a Blackmagic card, I have problem with tape control, drop frames so I do not believe it to be a problem with my server or with cs6 exclusively. (terrablock server over fibre)
Can any give me a very precise z400 setup for cs6 (slot number, bios setup etc) so I can compare with avid to see if the issue is not somrthing very "deep". Actually, is anyone else using this sort of setup?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: ExpressIO / HP Z400 misery.
on Nov 6, 2012 at 5:09:54 pm

If you have not already, please consider contacting AJA Technical Support for assistance. AJA Technical Support is provided free of charge. You may reach the AJA Technical Support department via phone or email between 9am and 5pm PST Monday through Friday.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]