FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja tv hdmi output

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve knattress
aja tv hdmi output
on Aug 17, 2012 at 11:59:14 am

i have an aja io xt (thunderbolt) connected to an hdmi monitor with latest software/firmware on an early 2011 mbp. (os10.8)

I have an xdcam ex (35mb 1080i50) timeline which plays fine from fcp7, but always get black on the out put (selected 1080i25)(audio is op fine) if i run the exported file (same settings) from aja tv.

as soon as i select away from aja tv i get the aja test pattern from the control panel without any problems on my hdmi monitor

has anyone else seen this and have an answer.

steve

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: aja tv hdmi output
on Aug 17, 2012 at 2:43:51 pm

The AJA TV application does not provide support for Long GOP MPEG2 formats such as HDV, XDCAM EX, or XDCAM HD. Additionally, AJA TV is not capable of H.264 video output. However, most I-frame codecs can be opened and the AJA TV application will automatically select a video output. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Aug 17, 2012 at 9:36:54 pm

Thank you for your quick reply, i obviously got confused by the following in the manual!

Playback formats supported by Io Express include:
• DVCPRO HD
• DV25/DV50
• SD Uncompressed
• Apple ProRes 422 HD/SD (Mac Pro and MacBook Pro only)
• HDV
• XDCAM
• XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD

Steve

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Aug 18, 2012 at 1:55:48 am

The codecs you listed are indeed supported when the AJA Io XT is used with various non-linear editing applications from Apple, Adobe and Avid. Each of the non-linear editors may (or may not) have special codec handling capabilities. As you noted, you were able to obtain playback of XDCAM EX footage from Final Cut Pro 7 due to that application's handling of the Long GOP MPEG 2 XDCAM EX codec. Again, the AJA TV application only supports I-frame codecs.

Please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email if you have additional questions.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]