FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO express HDMI input

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Lowden
IO express HDMI input
on Jul 19, 2012 at 4:47:46 pm

I had the nearly good idea to use the IO EXPRESS (10.1.0 build 16) HDMI input to digitize images off blu ray and DVD. I have a Panasonic DMP BD65 player that can up and down res images, so I thought this would be easy. In the AJA control Panel, the HDMI input flips between no video and 1080i25 and there is no image. In the manual, I can't anything that would stop me doing this. When I connect the player I eventually get an error: U73

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: IO express HDMI input
on Jul 19, 2012 at 5:13:08 pm

[Christopher Lowden] "I had the nearly good idea to use the IO EXPRESS (10.1.0 build 16) HDMI input to digitize images off blu ray and DVD."

Nope.

Those type of HDMI sources are protected from digitizing from under HDCP rules and restrictions.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 19, 2012 at 5:30:42 pm

I'm just going to confirm what Gary said. They have copyright measures that disable the ability to capture the footage. TVs have the decoder so it can play the HDMI signal...but capture cards do not.

Yup...I tried that too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
on Jul 19, 2012 at 5:46:14 pm

Hmmm. I have loads of personal dvds that I wanted to digitize. That sucks. So I suppose this input can be used with a camera?

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Jul 19, 2012 at 7:43:19 pm

if the DVDs are not copyprotected you can
use mpegstremclip to transcode

http://www.squared5.com/

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
on Jul 20, 2012 at 9:20:09 am

I know this workflow well. It is just that my computer does not run very fast so digitizing would be quicker. Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
on Jul 21, 2012 at 6:47:55 am

In the end a BM analog -Sdi converter does the trick fine. Interestingly, I put a pal 3d bluray in the player. It threw out a 576 60i signal. The Aja did not much care for the signal (actually this detail is not very interesting at al!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]