FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit to tape no audio after 10 minutes

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugo Ferraz
Edit to tape no audio after 10 minutes
on Jun 25, 2012 at 1:52:29 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm editing to tape on FCP 7 with AJA IoHD a broadcast 720x576 pal episode of 40 minutes to a Sony DVW-A500P digital Betacam.
Everything seems fine, audio levels are entering correctly in VTR during the assemble the entire time.

When I playback the tape the audio seems to disappear at about 10 minutes ( When I reverse and fastfoward the tape I can hear that audio). How many times I edit the same problem appears.

When I try to insert video and audio instead of assemble it happens the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Edit to tape no audio after 10 minutes
on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:46:36 pm

Not sure if you have the capability to do this with your card and I'm not sure how your patch work is set-up for SDI, but can you see an output signal coming from Final Cut to the deck with audio and video? If you do, try just playing back your sequence timeline and see if your deck receives the necessary signals. If you do, just try playing back the program from the sequence and just hit play+record on the deck, without having to go through Edit to Tape. Also, try trashing your preferences for Final Cut. Or, you can always try to download AJA VTR Xchange. You can download it for free here.

http://www.aja.com/en/products/software/

You can stream the file back through through the software and even edit to tape with it.

Hope this helps.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Hugo Ferraz
on Jun 25, 2012 at 4:34:11 pm

Hello Jessica,
Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to mention that i'm editing to tape through a SDI.
When I do edit to tape I hear the audio that's coming through the output of the deck and I can see the signal bars entering the channels in the deck also.

I just did what do you suggested:
I've played the sequence and hit record on the deck. I've recorded 20 minutes and the audio was all there! The only problem is that I cannot set the in and out points but at least it's a step forward.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jun 25, 2012 at 6:37:36 pm

If you have not already, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support for assistance with your Edit to Tape settings and configuration. You may reach them via phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Hugo Ferraz
on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:59:42 am

To be honest I did not contact AJA because I'm not sure if the main problem is really the ioHD. But I think I will take your advice and contact AJA's support. Many thanks

Return to posts index

Hugo Ferraz
on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:57:26 pm

Deleted AJA ioHD preferences. Restart computer and problem solve.
Unfortunately I don't understand what went wrong but I think that was something to do with genlock.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]