FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO XT codec presets FCP 7

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Case
IO XT codec presets FCP 7
on Jun 25, 2012 at 1:08:40 am

I'm just building a new edit laptop and I use FCP 7. New hardware is pegasus R4, IO XT, and i7 17" MBP. In FCP 7 setup I'm only finding baseline codecs in proresHQ, no aja ioxt proves LT, Proxy, or 422. Is there another download to add the other codecs? I only need LT for a press project I'm doing. I'm hoping they didn't limit the codecs in FCP 7. (fingers crossed)

Return to posts index

Tom Case
Re: IO XT codec presets FCP 7
on Jun 25, 2012 at 1:25:00 am

There's no 30psf either...

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 25, 2012 at 5:40:26 pm

Aren't there some additional presets in a folder named that? might be called "AJA additional presets'... it would be in your user library's FCP User prefs folder. If not, just spotlight "Additional Presets" and they'll show up if they are there with that particular product.

If not, don't see any reason you can't create easy setups yourself...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Jun 25, 2012 at 6:34:46 pm

Final Cut Pro 7 was a legacy software when the AJA Io XT product began shipping and therefore only a limited amount of presets were provided. Users may feel free to make any additional Easy Setups that they would like by using the provided Easy Setups as a starting point.

If you have questions about creating new Easy Setups that are specific to the AJA hardware, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email for assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Jun 25, 2012 at 11:27:14 pm

can i use my kona3 settings for io XT in FCP7 ?

( my IO XT comes in 2 - 3 days )

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jun 26, 2012 at 1:04:34 am

I wouldn't think so.

Jerry

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:25:42 pm

[wolfgang schabhuettl] "can i use my kona3 settings for io XT in FCP7 ?
( my IO XT comes in 2 - 3 days )
"

No,
but you can use the easysetups that were included in the install for the IoExpress and then add the dual link /3G versions if needed. just uninstall the driver before installing the IoXT version.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

wolfgang schabhuettl
on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:34:23 pm

THX gery

Return to posts index

Tom Case
on Jun 27, 2012 at 9:27:14 pm

Thanks all for responses. The resolution was to create my own presets. I didn't try this at first because I incorrectly assumed I wouldn't be able to select the IO XT as input device. I've now created the presets I need and tested in/out/playback with them.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]