FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IOHD and Premier Pro CS6

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
AJA IOHD and Premier Pro CS6
on Jun 7, 2012 at 6:48:04 pm

I'm considering switching from FCP7 to Production Premium CS6, but I have an IOHD. I can't afford to change to a Kona card right now. I understand that IOHD works in ProRes, which is Apple's codec. However, I'm just looking to be able to monitor my video on my broadcast monitor. It's connected by SDI to my IOHD. I am able to monitor After Effects through the IOHD. Why can't AJA set it up so we can monitor Premier Pro also?

Return to posts index

Mark Welch
Re: AJA IOHD and Premier Pro CS6
on Jun 10, 2012 at 12:03:45 am

The IO brochure has this in its spec sheet:

"Support for Final Cut Pro X®, Avid® Media Composer® 6/Symphony®/NewsCutter®, Adobe® Creative
Suite®, and more"

I'm assuming here that monitoring Premier 6 shouldn't be an issue with the IO Express. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. About to spend $900 for this IO Express box.

I plan on doing the same thing now that I have switched to Adobe Production Premium.

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Jun 11, 2012 at 12:23:18 pm

We're talking IoHD here! It's still looking like an expensive door stop for the future.

Alan

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Mark Welch
on Jun 11, 2012 at 4:43:21 pm

My mistake. Thought you were referring to the IO Express.

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:28:54 pm

Some agreement with Apple perhaps? *IIRC* that card was developed with Apple or something like that. They may have an exclusivity agreement regarding NLEs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]