FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IoXT or T-Tap with driver support for FCP7 and PPCS6?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Grimson
AJA IoXT or T-Tap with driver support for FCP7 and PPCS6?
on Jun 1, 2012 at 6:47:19 pm

I'm about ready to look at other 3rd party hardware monitor display solutions IF, device drivers support FCP7 AND PPCS6 without crazy partitioned boot drive workarounds. Right now with my Matrox MX02le with Max, I can run the new CS6 drivers or the older FCP7 drivers. But I can't switch NLE's and display to broadcast via the Matrox hardware it's one or the other. Can AJA's devices do this? I'm just hoping for a solution to deal with broadcast ref. monitoring with a single set of drivers to support both NLE's. Is that possible with either of these 2 AJA devices? Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA IoXT or T-Tap with driver support for FCP7 and PPCS6?
on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:52:29 pm

I don't have an ioXT or t tap, but the Kona 3 can now run Pr CS6, FCS3, and FCPX all on the same partition with the same AJA drivers. I imagine the ioXT will be similar.

Return to posts index

Aj Koch
on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:56:05 am

Nobody has a t-tap yet, as it's unreleased, so can't say for sure. But I agree with Jeremy; the IoXT should be able to run all NLEs using their current driver set without setting up different boot partitions. If I'm not mistaken it will even run Avid in addition to FCS3, FCPX, and PPCS6.

It's one of the reasons AJA products are 3 times as expensive as Matrox.

-Aj

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:15:30 am

[Aj Koch] " If I'm not mistaken it will even run Avid in addition to FCS3, FCPX, and PPCS6."

It's true, the only thing is, Avid usually certifies only certain OS versions, so it's good to keep it separate.

Aja drivers shoud work fine, though!

;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]