FORUMS: list search recent posts

ioHD & FCPX - The phantom update

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Kirby
ioHD & FCPX - The phantom update
on May 7, 2012 at 4:28:20 pm

Was I dreaming when I read about a forthcoming update to the ioHd back in Jan/Feb to give us lost souls who own the ioHD video out with FCPX? Maybe it's just too much hassle for Aja - either way, it would be good to know before I consign my legacy FCP drive to the archives.

-----------------------------
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: ioHD & FCPX - The phantom update
on May 7, 2012 at 6:44:37 pm

AJA is interested in supporting Io HD users, but enabling the Io HD for use with Apple Final Cut Pro X requires continuing collaborative effort with Apple.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
on May 10, 2012 at 1:31:49 pm

That's an interesting & somewhat mysterious response -- is there hope here for us IO-HD users -- or best to just forgetaboutit & move on?!!?!!

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on May 19, 2012 at 5:40:37 am

And?

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 20, 2012 at 3:27:10 pm

Guys.

It has been said here before, APPLE has always written the hooks into FCP for the IoHD product, if you do not remember the first builds of FCP7 blocked the IoHD and it took Apple months to release a FCP update that once again allowed the IoHD to access directly in the app.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2521 and scroll down to the 7.01 release notes.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Garth Annetts
on May 27, 2012 at 10:42:23 pm

My apologies, I inadvertently posted this to an earlier discussion twice : ((
Nevertheless I feel it important enough to repost here where it was intended.
_________

With all due respect, the issue here is not just Apple, its the paucity of information coming from AJA regarding the ioHD.

Their rare cryptic statements are a poor show. Gary, they don't need an apologist in this case, they need to effect better customer support communication, one that honestly serves their customer base. Their products are not cheap and in todays economic climate most of us need to know what is happening with products that we have invested it and what future potential still have before we reinvest. Earlier, it was positively indicated that the ioHD would SOON work with FinalCut Pro X—a beta driver was forthcoming. Suddenly the information disappeared from their website with a deafening silence from their side. Their recent post here was not helpful.

They have a well earned reputation as being better than Blackmagic and Matrox in customer service. Interesting to see how well that holds up in this case. For us to be patient we also need clarity from the company (third party assumptions are not good enough) and an assurance of commitment to this product. Only fair dinkum!

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 28, 2012 at 4:12:25 pm

[Garth Annetts] " Gary, they don't need an apologist in this case, they need to effect better customer support communication, one that honestly serves their customer base"

Garth,
welcome to working with Apple.

For the record I am not an apologist for Aja. I am only stating the facts as I know them. This product is now 6 years old and that is fairly long in the tooth for modern workflow tools.

Apple has always written the IoHD driver and the device was only ever designed to work with FCP, apple specificly mentions the IoHD update in the ProApps 7.01 Update in Oct, 2009.

Premier and FCPX users note there are still options for using the device with your current worklfows.
< http://on.fb.me/Knp3pU >

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Garth Annetts
on May 29, 2012 at 2:38:04 am

Gary
Thanks for you response and I do appreciate the information re Apple providing the ioHD driver. However you missed my point. I wasn't talking about them continuing to develop the ioHD, I was talking about the lack of information coming fromAJA. Especially as they flagged the fact, almost two thirds of year ago, that the driver was fairly immanent (the elusive SOON word) then removed the information from their web site close to or during NAB 2012 with nary a word. Communication here is the issue. Are they being forthright? They are, after all, still marketing this 'long in the tooth' product on the their website.

It's still a great io box for many other connections— I just wish that I could use my external SDI-in monitor for colour grading in FCPX as I could in FCStudio.

Apropos 'welcome to Apple', I've being an Apple user for 22 years so am quite used to their often incomprehensible way of doing things ; )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]