FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Io XT won't play out H.264???

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Frank
AJA Io XT won't play out H.264???
on May 6, 2012 at 7:50:50 am

Hi,

I can't find any information on the AJA site but is it possible that Io XT (Thunderbolt) can't handle H.264?
We have some footage ProRes (AJA KiPro) and in H.264 (DSLR nightmare) the ProRes plays fine over the IoXT in AJA TV but as soon you open up the H.264 you only get chaos on the screen.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: AJA Io XT won't play out H.264???
on May 6, 2012 at 3:27:48 pm

H.264 files are not supported by the Kona TV app.

That App is based around Quicktime and not Core Media so only "Native QT" files will playout of the Kona TV app.

You can drop those files into an FCPX or PPro Timeline and hit then get realtime playback.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on May 7, 2012 at 5:32:26 am

Just to make sure that we are talking about the same Application.
AJA TV not AJA KONA QTToDPXTranslator or AJA KONA DPXToQTTranslator Version 3.
AJA TV will play it back and display fine on the Mac but the output source is chaos.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 7, 2012 at 2:36:47 pm

[Thomas Frank] "Just to make sure that we are talking about the same Application."

Thats what I was referring to- Aja changed the name awhile back, it used to only be a playback tool for the boards.

"AJA TV will play it back and display fine on the Mac but the output source is chaos."

My guess is you are dragging and dropping the file onto the Aja TV Icon. IF so under Lion the App does play ipod compatable files on the desktop.

However you will not be able to play most H.264 files from within the app by using the file open command.(there are exceptions)

Yes they play if dragged from the desktop into the player, but if I try to use the App to open the same file it is greyed out and it is not possible to open the clip.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]