FORUMS: list search recent posts

Io XT Fan Noise

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Sonnenfeld
Io XT Fan Noise
on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:15:50 pm

As soon as I plug my Io XT into my computer I can hear the fans going, even before I actually turn the device on. They also seem to be quite loud. I get used to it after a while but it is irritating at first. It is supposed to be this way?

Also, I posted a while ago about a stutter issue in Premiere Pro CS5.5 where the Program Monitor will stutter the equal number of times that I hit either J or L to rewind or fastforward from the paused position. I.E., to fast forward at triple speed I hit L three times and the program monitor stutters three times before it starts to play. This is only in the program monitor though and not on my external HDMI monitor.

Thanks!

Panasonic HPX170 P
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 8GB RAM
AJA IoXT
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, Final Cut Pro Studio 3, Avid Media Composer 3.5.4
The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Io XT Fan Noise
on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:35:39 am

If you have not already done so, you should consider contacting AJA Technical Support via phone or email for assistance. You may reach them Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm PST. The fan noise you describe sounds out-of-the-norm; if necessary, AJA Technical Support can issue you an RMA. AJA Technical Support can also review your configuration when working with Adobe Premiere.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:38:01 pm

I did contact technical support regarding the image stuttering but it didn't really go anywhere. I know that seemed to be very atypical of AJA. I was thinking at this point just waiting to see if it was a firmware bug to be fixed with CS6. But especially considering what you've said about the fan noise, I think that I will be contacting technical support today. Thanks for your help!

Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 8GB RAM
AJA IoXT
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, Final Cut Pro Studio 3, Avid Media Composer 3.5.4
The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Apr 23, 2013 at 12:49:04 am

Did you ever get the fan noise sort out ??i'm on my third replacement IO XT and the fan is as noisy and irritating as ever.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]