FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has anyone had success using an AJA IO HD as a recognized Skype capture device?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mahoney
Has anyone had success using an AJA IO HD as a recognized Skype capture device?
on Mar 14, 2012 at 9:56:53 am

I am putting togethernew a production (TriCaster 850 based) that integrates skype based call-ins and remote skype interviews. I am looking to feed 720p60 HD video from the TriCaster into Skype as my "web cam", and take the remote video that comes back from Skype and feed it in as one of the cameras. Ideally, all of this would be via SDI (I could work with audio in analog if necessary)

I may have access to a MacPro and AJA IO HD (FW800 attached) that I was thinking of making it my "Skype box" for this. For that to work, Skype would need to work with the IO HD as a supported video capture device.

Has anyone used the IO HD as a Skype capture device before? Any advice on this type of setup would be greatly appreciated.

-john

Return to posts index

James Feld
Re: Has anyone had success using an AJA IO HD as a recognized Skype capture device?
on Apr 2, 2013 at 7:16:32 pm

Tried this with a MacPro 1,1 OS-10.7.5, Kona driver 10.3.4, Skype v3.6 did not pass any video but Audio worked through Kona I/O. Downgraded Skype to v3.3 and HD-SDI video worked from Kona to Skype. Can not get Skype inbound video to pass out through Kona output. Only get input pass through no matter what the Kona default video setting is. Ended up using a DVI to HD-SDI converter and used full screen desktop video for output. Would have preferred to use Kona as the output.
JFeld

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]