FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X 10.0.3 and AJA ioHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Griswold
FCP X 10.0.3 and AJA ioHD
on Jan 31, 2012 at 8:11:52 pm

I am starting to wonder if our ioHD boxes will be stuck on FCP 7. The new Aja drivers will enable Kona pci cards and the ioXT, but no mention of the ioHD anywhere I could find. I know they don't disclose future features before release, but it would be helpful if they made a statement if they are going to try, or if it is planned. Nothing lasts forever, sure, but always hurts when it doesn't. I can add my ioHD to my old Matrox cards and Avid MOJO (that was a real dog even when it worked!).

I got a Blackmagic that will give me a display with MC6, PP CS5.5 or FCP for under $1K. The incremental changes made in the FCP X 10.0.3 are encouraging. When the whole FCP X thing started I jumped on the competitive upgrades from Avid and Adobe to cover my bases.

George Griswold
New Orleans, LA
http://www.videonow.info

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: FCP X 10.0.3 and AJA ioHD
on Jan 31, 2012 at 9:37:47 pm

Support for Io Express and Io HD when using Final Cut Pro X v10.0.3 is coming soon. We have posted this information to each of the support pages for those products. For Io HD:
http://www.aja.com/support/io/io-hd.php

"Version 10.2 X Beta for use with Io HD and Final Cut Pro X (10.0.3) coming soon."

And for Io Express:
http://www.aja.com/support/io/io-express.php

"Version 10.2 X Beta for use with Io Express and Final Cut Pro X (10.0.3) coming soon."

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Jan 31, 2012 at 9:41:44 pm

You guys rock. I hoped you were on to something, since you kept the ioHD on sale... THX

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS5.5, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

George Griswold
on Jan 31, 2012 at 10:44:06 pm

That is fantastic news! I already have enough boat anchors in my life. HL-59 anyone?

George Griswold
New Orleans, LA

Return to posts index

George Griswold
on Jan 31, 2012 at 10:58:22 pm

Suggestion for Aja Sales, if it's not too much trouble it would be helpful to have a check box on that product page "email me when 10.2.x is available." Just an idea....

George Griswold
New Orleans, LA

Return to posts index

Carsten Orlt
on Feb 1, 2012 at 5:23:10 am

Curious that you will support ioHD with FCPx but not with your Control Room Software.

Not that I complain :-)

I guess most fear about the future of the ioHD stemmed from the fact that you dropped the Control Room support.

But to say something positive: Thank you for not giving up on old hardware as it is usually the case!

Looking forward to things to come

Best Carsten

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Feb 1, 2012 at 11:18:24 am

This is very good news, shame you couldn't have told us sooner, some of us have already initiated other plans.

All we have to do now is hope for continued Apple FW support.

Alan

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Bob O'Hearn
on Mar 26, 2012 at 10:59:14 am

Whatever happened to the AJA ioHD update?

Return to posts index

Garth Annetts
on Apr 30, 2012 at 10:28:34 am

A very long, even deafening silence.
Even the "Version 10.2 X Beta for use with Io HD and Final Cut Pro X (10.0.3) coming soon." seems to have disappeared from their website.
It would be helpful if the AJA Sales Department updated their Feb 1 post.

And apropos the website by-line—"Because it matters." Yes, it actually does matter.

Return to posts index

Bob O'Hearn
on Apr 30, 2012 at 10:35:07 am

Hi Garth,

I couldn't agree more. Wanna buy a boat anchor? :)

Bob

Return to posts index

Garth Annetts
on May 27, 2012 at 10:34:06 pm

With all due respect, the issue here is not just Apple, its the paucity of information coming from AJA regarding the ioHD.

Their rare cryptic statements are a poor show. Gary, they don't need an apologist in this case, they need to effect better customer support communication, one that honestly serves their customer base. Their products are not cheap and in todays economic climate most of us need to know what is happening with products that we have invested it and what future potential still have before we reinvest. Earlier, it was positively indicated that the ioHD would SOON work with FinalCut Pro X—a beta driver was forthcoming. Suddenly the information disappeared from their website with a deafening silence from their side. Their recent post here was not helpful.

They have a well earned reputation as being better than Blackmagic and Matrox in customer service. Interesting to see how well that holds up in this case. For us to be patient we also need clarity from the company (third party assumptions are not good enough) and an assurance of commitment to this product. Only fair dinkum!

Return to posts index

Garth Annetts
on May 27, 2012 at 10:38:09 pm

With all due respect, the issue here is not just Apple, its the paucity of information coming from AJA regarding the ioHD.

Their rare cryptic statements are a poor show. Gary, they don't need an apologist in this case, they need to effect better customer support communication, one that honestly serves their customer base. Their products are not cheap and in todays economic climate most of us need to know what is happening with products that we have invested it and what future potential still have before we reinvest. Earlier, it was positively indicated that the ioHD would SOON work with FinalCut Pro X—a beta driver was forthcoming. Suddenly the information disappeared from their website with a deafening silence from their side. Their recent post here was not helpful.

They have a well earned reputation as being better than Blackmagic and Matrox in customer service. Interesting to see how well that holds up in this case. For us to be patient we also need clarity from the company (third party assumptions are not good enough) and an assurance of commitment to this product. Only fair dinkum!

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on Mar 15, 2013 at 5:18:59 am

Hello AJA Sales Department!

it has been a year now after your response. Are we going to see a support update in the next version????
From the looks it we won't be but I would like to get a confirmation from the source.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]